Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla

More
12 years 7 months ago #11 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: SEF urls etc

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #12 by mlotziii
Replied by mlotziii on topic SEF Urls
I love Kunena.

However I'm having a really hard time getting the SEF urls to work.

Joomla 1.5.22
Kunena 1.7.0

I've used AceSEF and sh404sef in the past but I'd like to see what folks are using that is working well for them.

Presently, I have a problem when SEF urls are enabled the buttons for "Post", "Quote", "Moderate", etc. are all redirected to .... /post

This is not a thread asking for support. I just want to know how people are getting Kunena 1.7.0 to deliver accurate SEF urls.

Thanks

M

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #13 by sozzled
There are two questions here:

(1) How to implement SEO. This is answered in msg #2 of this topic.

(2) How to make sure that the forum buttons do what they're supposed to do when you have SEO enabled: This is dealt with by making sure that you've properly setup your Kunena menu. See How do I restore my Kunena menu?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlotziii

More
12 years 5 months ago #14 by stevetyler
Replied by stevetyler on topic SEO friendly URL's
I cannot seem to get this to work. I see an option on the FORUM CONFIGURATION to say "YES" to SEO friendly URL's and to say yes to not showing category id's etc. yet I still get ridiculous urls like www.domain.com/index=catid54etc.etc.etc

I want my forum to be simple like www.domain.com/forum/category/topic title

How can I get this to work?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #15 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Please see msg #2 in this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #16 by stevetyler
I cannot find where to edit the options for:

# Use Apache mod_rewrite: Yes
# Add suffix to URLs: No

Where will I find where to change these?

More
12 years 5 months ago #17 by stevetyler
Ok, found them in Global settings.

I have no idea about htaccess etc. - Is it as simple as changing the file name as suggested or do I need to have some programming knowledge to get these SEO-friendly URL's working?

More
12 years 5 months ago #18 by stevetyler
I have made all the changes other than mucking around with the Apache/htaccess for now. It now seems to go to a SEO friendly URL but the pages are not located, i.e. clicking the forum button now takes me to a dead page (but the URL looks much better!!). Is this what needs to be address in the httaccess?

More
12 years 5 months ago #19 by sozzled
There is nothing in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) that suggests you have to change anything in the file .htaccess; therefore you don't need to change the file .htaccess.

If you are getting "page not found" errors, it's because your menu items are wrong (or broken). That's a different topic. Please read the FAQs (see the menu tab on this page) and particularly the part about how to fix Kunena menu problems.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #20 by mlotziii

sozzled wrote: There are two questions here:
(2) How to make sure that the forum buttons do what they're supposed to do when you have SEO enabled: This is dealt with by making sure that you've properly setup your Kunena menu. See How do I restore my Kunena menu?

This has been my problem all along! Thanks!!!

I could hug you!!!! I've been trying to get this to work for soooooo long and you finally pointed out my simple problem. Thanks for sharing the links.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by mlotziii.

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds