Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #61 by Sahib
Replied by Sahib on topic Question about SEF URLs
Hi,

First of all as its my first post in forum I would like to say thanks alot for this forum extension for joomla. I was very reluctant to chose this over phpbb3 which i used with my every site since start, but when i did I am fairly pleased with it as it is the best least tiresome forum i found for joomla.

And now my issues!
After the upgrade from 1.7, I find that there are many key issues like

1. The SEF url, and after searching through forum posts I find that this issue is yet to be resolved? This is a very very big problem. topics have different urls, and I'm not able to maintain the same links as i had in Kunena 1.7.

[strike]2.Then after upgrade discuss bot shows 1 replies in all topics even if i make a new topic (counting the first post - 'topic starter post' also), same with latest kunena modules it counts the topic starter posts also.

3. If you don't insert attachment in post it will not show any message for guest that attachment is hidden. This is true for all new posts made with attachment after upgrade. The old ones made during kunena 1.7 still show the message for guests.

4. I'm really puzzled whats good in the kunena 2? i don't see any big improvement from 1.7, its the exact same forum as 1.7 with bugs and now i really want to go back to 1.7.[/strike]
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: One subject per topic. Second, third and fourth questions removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #62 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Question about SEF URLs
G'day, Sahib and welcome to Kunena.

It is preferable to keep one subject per topic and, because of our preference to work this way, we will only address the first question you asked. I am unclear exactly what is the issue that is "yet to be resolved" with SEF URLs. I do not know what, exactly is the "very, very big problem" that you seem to be having. I suggest that you look at

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #63 by jeteran
Hello everybody.

I was working yesterday trying to find a solution for my messages disappearance with the 2.0.3 update; what I did was install the 2.0.2 version and all works smoothly.

Now I'm facing a new thing. What I'm doing right now is updating a whole new site from almost scratch; what I mean is that I'm creating a brand new site and porting al the necesary tables and information from one another.

So far, so good. I installed kunena 2.0.2 in the new site and WOW it's really awesome. Something that catch my eye was that now, the forums and topics appears very friendly in the browser, letting google find it more easyly.

Before porting the tables, I update in my "old" site the new kunena 2.0.2 and looks awesome. The only thing is that the messages and all the information inside kunena is still like this: index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&catid=14&Itemid=103

I tried to modify some new options and nothing happend. Also I tried to create a new menu for kunena and still the same.

What can I do?

Summarizing: I want to update my forums and messages so that kunena shows the real name of those in the browser, instead of:
index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&catid=14&Itemid=103

Thanks so much guys !!
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by jeteran.

More
11 years 2 months ago #64 by jeteran
SORRY guys, I got it.

What happened was that I didn't have enabled the Joomla SEO optimization in my "old" site.

Thanks anyway guys, I could leave this threat open for somethat that has the same Q.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #65 by Sebo
Replied by Sebo on topic Link issues
Hallo,
I have a little link issue.
First of all, I want to post a few Infos:
- Joomla v.3.1.5
- Kunena v.3.0.2
- CB (also newest)
I've googled the problem for 3 days now, but I can't find the right answer.
It would be glad to get the right answer.
Important Informations:
--> The Forum and Homepage works "100%" - only the "wrong link" problem appears
---> I saw, that I had have a subdomain aktive in froxlor. It was linked to "forum.mysite.de" and "used" the direction " www.mysite.de/forum "
Now I have the Subdomain deleted (I really don't know why it was active)

And here is my problem:
The normal link would be:
www.mysite.de/forum/ (and I need this link - to rederict)
But my "forumlink" is:
www.mysite.de/index.php/forum (and I can't use the "index.php" in the rederiction)
--> Here the example: "Wrong Forum Link"

Is there any way to fix this problem?
I can't find a solution.

I would be so happy, if anybody could help me, please.
Please! :blush:

Best regards
Sebo

PS: I hope there are enough information.
Sorry for my bad english, I'll try my best. :silly:

EDIT:
Sorry I forgot the configuration report :blink:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : J51_Letterpress | author: Joomla51 | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 3.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal Kunena configuration report in message

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #66 by sozzled
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 8 months ago #67 by gdogaru
Replied by gdogaru on topic change forum url path
I have installed Kumena in Joomla 3+
The forum is accesible via <joomla path>/index.php/kunena-2014-06-23
can I move this to <joomla path>/forum ?

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #68 by gdogaru
have installed Kunena in Joomla 3+
The forum is accessible via <joomla path>/index.php/kunena-2014-06-23
can I move this to <joomla path>/forum ?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by gdogaru.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #69 by scubasteve
okay i have a site i know the sef is working alright but i found the issue
the forum link on the front end with sef turned on cannot be in a drop down menu which i would prefer to have sef and the forum link in the drop down menu

so basically with sef on
html/forum
this works

html/features/forum
this does not

sef off
html/features/forum
works now

features of course is the name of the drop down text header of the menu
has anyone figured out a way to do this

scratch all the above i figured it out sorry
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by scubasteve.

More
8 years 8 months ago #70 by sozzled

jackluter wrote: Same with me,i too want to suggest the other users to specify the solution.

The answer is in msg #62 above.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds