Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla

More
12 years 5 months ago #21 by stevetyler
Thanks, but I only get the "page missing" when using the SEO-friendly links, if I switch back then the pages are all there fine.

I already have existing categories, topics and threads on the site, does this mean that all these need to have new SEO-friendly links put in? I assumed the site would sort it all out itself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #22 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: If you are getting "page not found" errors, it's because your menu items are wrong (or broken). That's a different topic. Please read the FAQs (see the menu tab on this page) and particularly the part about how to fix Kunena menu problems.

More
12 years 3 months ago #23 by lepermessiah
Replied by lepermessiah on topic Re: SEF urls etc
I've successfully upgraded from 1.5 do 1.7 and everything works like before (except login, I've just posted in another thread with that)

only problem is URL rewriting. on clean install of Kunena in clean Joomla, links are complete. I mean that if you are in site/Main/Category1/Subcategory1/topic#post you see it in URL. In my non-dev Kunena I see only site/subcategory/topic#post

settings are the same, but it doesn't work same.

any advice? thank you

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #24 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: SEF urls etc
For SEF URLs to work in Joomla you need to do two things:

(1) Enable Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

(2) Every Joomla component must have a menu item. These menu items don't have to be visibly displayed on your site, but they must exist and they must be published!

If you don't have a Joomla menu item, you won't get SEF URLs. If you don't setup Joomla SEO properly, you won't get SEF URLs. Make sure that you don't have any old menu items lurking in the menu trash. This is not a Kunena thing; this is a Joomla thing.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #25 by lepermessiah
well, I have SEO enabled, configured, urls are rewritten, but not as nice as it could be..

More
12 years 3 months ago #26 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: SEF urls etc
Have you published your Kunena menu?

More
12 years 3 months ago #27 by lepermessiah
of course, it's published and visible. help and rules are in trash, but not deleted. As I said, urls are rewritten, but in shorter link that I would like to see :/

More
12 years 3 months ago #28 by sozzled
Do you have a valid .htaccess file? How did you create your .htaccess file?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #29 by hellilyntax
Replied by hellilyntax on topic Problem with Joomla SEF
Hi,
Im having problem with Kunena Search & Preview Pane when enabling Joomla SEF.
It turn my keyword to '/forum/advsearch.html?q=mykeyword' in input box.
And preview pane has no reaction(blank).
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by hellilyntax.

More
12 years 3 months ago #30 by hellilyntax
i found that these problem, including image attachment not showing up on post is somethig related to webserver setting, not joomla SEF.

i've tested same site on local wamp server, same site, works just fine....

hmmm...i'll get back soon for the result.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds