Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Publishing posts extreamly slow - Kunena 4.0.11

More
7 years 7 months ago #11 by 810
I think its a plugin issue.

Try to backup all plugins files, then remove the files on the server, then extract the plugin files from joomla package. then install kunena again.

Then try to post a message again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #12 by TDman
I hate to seem dumb but do you mean all Kunena plugins or all Joomla plugins? I only use 3 Kunena plugins (listed below) but there are dozens of Joomla plugins that came with the original installation. I'm not a professional developer so please excuse my ignorance when it comes to deleting all the plugins and reinstalling them.
1. Kunena - UddeIM Integration
2. Kunena - Kunena Integration
3. Kunena - Joomla Integration

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1
Template: Car Deluxe - By Web Design Builders

More
7 years 7 months ago #13 by rich

you mean all Kunena plugins or all Joomla plugins?

No, disable the plugins of your extensions. As example your jce media box.

More
7 years 7 months ago #14 by 810
I meant, remove all files manually.
So make first a backup of that files. Then extract the plugins dir from the joomla package, then install kunena again.

Then try it.

If it works, then restore the plugins dir, 1 by 1, until the one is broken

More
7 years 7 months ago #15 by TDman
Thanks for your help. I'll give that a try.

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1

More
7 years 7 months ago #16 by TDman
I've not had time to so as you suggested with the plugins but I just discovered that once a post has been made, editing it and then saving it takes less than 5 seconds like you would expect. It's odd that it takes 15-30 seconds to save the same post for the first time. Does that possibly give a hint about what is going on?
Thanks!

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1

More
7 years 7 months ago #17 by rich
Is just a vague idea. You have in the "Configuration -> (tab) Security -> Moderate New Users" no value entered. It should be a zero. Maybe there's a delay in the database query as a result.

More
7 years 7 months ago #18 by TDman

rich wrote: Is just a vague idea. You have in the "Configuration -> (tab) Security -> Moderate New Users" no value entered. It should be a zero. Maybe there's a delay in the database query as a result.

Thanks for your reply. I did set the value to 0 but it made no difference.

I wish I knew how to track what happens when I click submit so I could figure out where the delay is. Would enabling debug mode allow me to do that somehow?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1

More
7 years 7 months ago #19 by TDman
After doing some testing I 'think' a plugin conflict can be ruled out. I renamed the original /plugins directory to pluginsXXX.
Then I created a new /plugins directory - added inside it two directories /kunena and /system/kunena - with all the files needed to make kunena work.
Still, when I submit a post with only a few lines of text it still takes 15-30 seconds to complete. I don't understand it. Everything else on the entire website is really fast. Any additional help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1

More
7 years 7 months ago #20 by 810
update joomla to Joomla! 3.6.2

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds