Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Publishing posts extreamly slow - Kunena 4.0.11

More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by TDman
I have a problem that has brought my Kunena forum to a crawl. Even just submitting a post with only a few lines of text takes about 30 seconds or more to complete. Text and small photos take a long time to save and large or multiple photos give a "max_execution_time" exceed error message.

Forum page loads are really fast. The only problem I have is clicking the submit button to save a post. I have tried changing to default website and forum templates but it didn't help. I've tried disabling plugins but no change.

I don't believe this is a problem with my server because other websites I have on the same server are fast saving text and uploading photos. I don't think the problem is with my internet provider because I can upload files quickly on other websites.

Could someone please give me some help in correcting this problem? It would be greatly appreciated.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Car Deluxe | author: Web Design Builders | version: 1.0 | creationdate: May 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle ROJ 3 | author: Kunena Team-ROJ | version: 4.0.3 | creationdate: 2015-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.11 | 2016-06-05 [ Barcelona ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.1.2.1

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1
Template: Car Deluxe - By Web Design Builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
first try the default kunena template. then do a clean cache.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TDman

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3 by TDman
I did as you suggested but it didn't help. I changed to the Kunena default template and I also changed to the Joomla default template - then I cleaned the cache.

Even without adding any photos, submitting a post with a single paragraph of text takes 43 seconds. Otherwise, page loads and the rest of the website are really fast. Please help me find what is causing this problem. No one wants to post on my forum due to submitting a post being so slow.

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by TDman.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

Make a backup before and try to follow this fix : www.kunena.org/forum/k5-0-support/137513...ting?start=50#178804

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #5 by TDman
Thanks for your help. I tried the fix you suggested by replacing the code. Then I cleaned the cache again. It didn't make any difference. I did leave that suggested code in place. Should I change it back to the original line of code?

While making some tests post I noticed that deleting a post is really fast. The only problem I have is when saving a post.. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. Saving this post took about 4 seconds on this forum. On my forum saving the the same text takes about 15 seconds. I hope I can find this problem.

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by TDman.

More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by 810

More
7 years 7 months ago #7 by TDman

810 wrote: try K5.0

I thought about doing that but I've read that 5.0 doesn't work correctly with most templates. I'm afraid that it might crash my whole forum. Should I wait for the auto updater in Joomla to tell me it is time to update to K5.0?

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1

More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by 810
Your old kunena template will not work anymore, but you can see if the lag is gone. So you know that updating to K5.0 can fix the issue. If not working correct, you can go back, Make only a full backup before. to be safe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TDman

More
7 years 7 months ago #9 by TDman

810 wrote: Your old kunena template will not work anymore, but you can see if the lag is gone. So you know that updating to K5.0 can fix the issue. If not working correct, you can go back, Make only a full backup before. to be safe.

I appreciate all the help. Surely there is something that can be done that isn't as drastic as having to completely redo the templates on my website in order to make a forum post in a timely manner. Do you feel there is nothing else I can do?

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1

More
7 years 7 months ago #10 by TDman
If anyone could offer more suggestions on what I might try it would be greatly appreciated.

Saving a simple text only post is taking 15-30 seconds. All my forum members are complaining to me about it and I don't know what to do..

Kunena 4.0.11
Joomla! 3.5.1

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds