Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Question SYNC users has removed me from SuperUser level

More
9 years 1 week ago #1 by antifm
I have no idea what to do now.
I installed Kunena 3.0.8 into my test site where i have already migrated all the older kunena information, posts, uploads, attachments, and all the other site info, news, blogs, Jomsocial info and so on.
The problem is that when in the process of configuring Kunena, i clicked the SYNC users button.

After that i can not edit modules from the front end
I can not get any Quick icons to show in compoment admin area
I have no access to extension mangers
i have no access to Joomla Control panel

There are a number of things wrong, and its all because Kunena took my SuerUser account and moved it to an ADMINISTRATOR account.

Since i only have this account to log into back end, i cant use it to CREATE a new super user.

I have checked my SQL tables
All the SQL tables have the corect view levels, and ID mappings including the correct user account IDs for example the SuperUser is ID #62

If i go into the USER MANGER of Joomla, and click on the USER GROUPS, it shows me everyone
If i tell it to filter out ALL the accounts and ONLY show me the SuperUser group, it shows there is ONE user in that access level
but no matter what i do, i can not get it to show me WHO / what user is in that level account

What do i do here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
I am sorry to hear that you have lost your superuser access to your website but there is a way you can fix it.

There are really two important parts to this question. The first part is to explain how to fix your problem. The second part (which is just as important as the first part) is it understand why the problem occurred in the first place.

From the sounds of things, if the superuser account had record ID=62, I suspect this website was originally created in J! 1.5. In J! 2.5, the default superuser account had the record ID=42 and, in J! 3.x, the default superuser account is different.

The solution, however, depends on which version of Joomla you are using now. (The simplest way is to restore your database from a backup that you made before the problem began.) The article How do you recover or reset your admin password? may also contain some useful information for you.

Before we delve into the cause of the problem, let's try to fix the problem that you have now—basically you do not have a superuser account. What version of Joomla are you now using?
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: antifm

More
9 years 1 week ago #3 by antifm
sozzled Thank you

while waiting i was able to resolve the issue
its actually been going on for 4 days now but this doesnt mean its OVER

Specs

Kunena - 3
Joonla 3.4.1

This is a joomla originally created in 2.5.
I copied it using Akeeba into a test location and have been upgrading components and modules and so on to get it up to Joomla 3x

So im not sure why this happened but heres what the SYNC button did

In the SQL Database there is a table called
_user_usergroup_map

In here are two colums
user_id - this macthes the USER IDs youll find for each user in joomla backend
My account ID was 62

The other column is
group_id
These ID#s will match the GROUP levels in the backend of Joomla
Super User Group ID# is #8

I noticed in this column setup that USER ID - 62
was assigned to GROUP ID - 7

I simply changed the group ID from 7 to 8

logged out from joomla and then back into the back end
now i have access to all SuperUser featues and view level access

More
9 years 1 week ago #4 by antifm
the part that concerns me is

why would using the SYNC button do this to the SuperUser account?

More
9 years 1 week ago #5 by sozzled

antifm wrote: I noticed in this column setup that USER ID - 62
was assigned to GROUP ID - 7

I simply changed the group ID from 7 to 8, logged out from joomla and then back into the back end ... [and] now I have access to all SuperUser featues and view level access

This was exactly what I was going to suggest if you were using J! 3.x. The process is a little different if you were using J! 2.5. The good news is that you have fixed the problem.

The next (and most important question for this forum) is to repeat what you did to re-create the issue. In other words, you claimed that all you did was to use the Synchronize Users function and this moved the superuser account from group ID 8 to 7. If this is the case, there is something very wrong with the version of Kunena that you are using.

Before repeating the Synchronize Users process, would you please post your configuration report so that we know what version of Kunena your problem involves? Thanks.

More
9 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled

antifm wrote: the part that concerns me is why would using the SYNC button do this to the SuperUser account?

Exactly. This is what I think should concern all of us. Please see my earlier message posted here. :)

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds