Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How can I hide the tool tip

More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by mcrust
Hi,

I would like to hide the tool tip when a user hovers over Add File similar to kunena.org when creating a new topic.

Mine is currently displaying the following tool tip

I can't seem to find the CSS class.

Currently I am using the Blue Eagle template.
Kunena 3.0.6
Joomla 3.3.3
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic How can I hide the tool tip
The way that your tooltips display may be different to the way that tooltips display on other websites (including on this website, here, at www.kunena.org ). The CSS file that defines how your tooltops displays is located among your Joomla site template files. Kunena displays "tooltips" according to how everything else on your website displays those things. Therefore, you need to find where your tooltips are defined and then you need to create a special CSS rule for Kunena.

I am not even going to try to guess the name of the file or the CSS rule that defines what I see in the image you posted.

I cannot tell you which file defines the tooltip CSS on your website because I do not know anything about your website. It might help if you watched the video vimeo.com/69818669

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by mcrust
Replied by mcrust on topic How can I hide the tool tip
hi sozzled,

Thank you for replying.
I watched the video and here is my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
9 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
I know how you can hide the tooltip display but the question is, do you want to hide these tooltips for everything on your website.

It is not easy to hide the tooltip only for Kunena pages. It is also not easy to hide the tooltip display for the Add File button. I can show you how to add a rule to the end of your ../templates/protostar/css/template.css file that will hide the toolip for all pages on your website. Is that what you would like to do?

More
9 years 7 months ago #5 by mcrust
Replied by mcrust on topic How can I hide the tool tip
Hi sozzled,

Yes, that's exactly what I am trying to achieve.

More
9 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
Add the following lines to the end of your Protostar template.css file:
Code:
.tip-wrap { visibility: hidden; }

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds