Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question 500 Error

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by latorreonline
500 Error was created by latorreonline
Hello there,

Please could you help with the following issue?

I have recently installed Kunena into my joomla website - v1.7.2

The installation and config went well and I made a test post.

When trying to open the test post, I get a 500 Error (see screenshot attached)

Many thanks in advance.

David

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : 2012_may_v15 | author: David W Stringer | version: 4.0 | creationdate: 2012-05-10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by latorreonline.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic 500 Error
Looks like you ran out of memory. I cannot read how much memory was allocated as the image has been resized, but if the number is smaller than 64MB, your service provider is restricting on how much memory you can allocate (limit itself is 128M for you).

Try to disable CB integration if it helps. If you run out of memory, the only solution is either to make your page lighter (remove extra modules, plugins and integration) or to get better server.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by NWLB
Replied by NWLB on topic 500 Error
If I can ask, does this mean the page itself is calling that much memory on the server side, or the client side?

I'm assuming this means that the forum has gotten large, which ours has, and that it is tapping a lot of resources. I expect I could get them to bump up the limit, but I worry about if the size is the issue, and if I need to prune some posts out.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic 500 Error
Server side.

PHP isn't very efficient on using memory and it's known fact that using Kunena together with CB often needs 64MB to be allocated (even on empty site). Easiest way to reduce amount of used memory is to uninstall everything you don't use from your site. The less plugins and modules you have, less memory Joomla needs to run. Also all kind of integration (CB, JomSocial, UddeIM, AUP..) takes some extra memory.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by snipeathome
Replied by snipeathome on topic 500 Error
I'm having the same issues. "500 Internal Server Error" screen.
This is intermittent. I first experienced it when I was editing CSS files. I made sure that I reversed everything I had done before I posted here.

It's now happening on one computer and not another. If I clear my systems cache it's fixed 50% of the time. I've set my memory to 64mb and I don't have CB installed.
Even though this is intermittent I can't have a forum handed off only working part of the time to some users.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My details are below.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_nebulae | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: April 23, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic 500 Error
Please read HTTP Error 500 Internal server error ... after updating for advice how to diagnose and fix your particular problem, snipeathome. These kinds of problems occur (occasionally) from a whole variety of causes.

Running out of PHP memory is only one of those causes.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds