Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Kunena on Android

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #1 by mukyz
Kunena on Android was created by mukyz
First of all hello!
I think that I've posted this thread in the right subforum, but if I'm mistaken sorry.

I am a student of computer sciences and communication.
For my class project I've decided to make a Kunena Android application.
I already started developing in but I'm not yet too far in to make modifications.

The way I imagined it to work is that the Android app will send requests to custom php scripts which will manipulate database directly and echo the response back to app(is this the right approach?)
From what i understand this is the way tapatalk works.

I've tried looking up documentation on kunena development and the way things work, but was unable to find what i was looking for.

The only way i can make sense on how Kunena stores data and gathers information is through inspecting the database tables but it takes too much time to figure it all out and write scripts for all the things i want the app to do.

That's why i decided to com to you. :)

Is database schema the same throughout all Kunena versions?

Is there some kind of Kunena API which will make it easier to get the desired responses independent of Kunena version?

If not, i would greatly appreciate if you can point me to some material that would be of use to me, or if you could provide me with any information that could be of assistance.

Also, if you are interested in what I'm doing, I'll be happy to share the code with you, since i don't plan to commercialize it or make profit of it.

That's it for now. If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by mukyz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by mukyz
Replied by mukyz on topic Kunena on Android
I've hit a little bump on the road...
I'm trying to extract unread topics for the given user_id and category_id from database, but i'm having a hard time understanding how does Kunena handle this data.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the kunena_user_read table.
Now, one would imagine that there would be stored last post, and time that post was viewed for every topic and user on the forum but it seems that is not the case since it only contains ~20 entries for one user id but there is a lot more topics in forum.
Is this table somehow purged of old data, ie older than x days?

More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by mukyz
Replied by mukyz on topic Kunena on Android
no inputs...
any help would be welcome

More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by skybax
Replied by skybax on topic Kunena on Android
cant help you with coding but i can recommend you to look at the tapatalk plug-in and get some info this way

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds