Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question 406 Not Acceptable Error when installing

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by Bkoubs
Have a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.4, downloaded Kunena 1.7.2, go to extensions and install and I get the following error:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

We are running:
Apache version 2.2.22
PHP version 5.3.10
MySQL version 5.1.62-cll

I have searched for similar errors and someone suggests to make sure .htaccess is enabled in the joomla root directory and ensure mod-rewrite is on. Well looking through the .htaccess file I see the entry: RewriteEngine On

So I assume that is ok, but what do they mean make sure the .htaccess file is enabled? Any help appreciated.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Bkoubs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Bkoubs, and welcome to Kunena.

The K 1.6 & K 1.7 Installation Guide provides a lot of information that should help. In particular, you should look at Securing Kunena for information about how to properly setup the folder and file permissions and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for advice how to properly setup SEO (and, by extension, your .htaccess file) for a standard Joomla website.

I hope this helps in your case.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by Bkoubs
No that did not help me. I read through the information, not understanding all of it, I watched the YouTube video and that just doesn't help. I have installed Joomla 1.5 before and installed Kunena before and never had problems; still the same webhost too. Still stuck.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by LittleJohn
This is a long shot...

Do you know if your host got mod_security enabled?
You can try insert this rule in your '.htaccess' file and see if it helps. If it doesnt, do revert the changes asap!
Code:
<IfModule mod_security.c> SecFilterEngine Off SecFilterScanPOST Off </IfModule>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bkoubs

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by Bkoubs
LittleJohn, thank you for being straight to the point and not pointing me around to forum posts that have too much information not pertaining to my problem! So yes I am assuming my host does have mod_security enabled and that added to the .htaccess file worked! Now my question is what are the side affects of adding this to the htaccess file? Decreased security?

More
11 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Does LittleJohn's advice to you work - can you now install Kunena if you make those changes?

I would advise you to discuss the possible implications of making those changes, as far as security are concerned, with your web hosting provider.

More
11 years 11 months ago #8 by LittleJohn
The clause simply turns off mod_security completely off.
Yes - as you point out yourself - mod_security is there for a reason, and that reason is security! You are far more prone to attacks with it disabled.

As sozzled pointed out too, you should revert the changes and discuss this issue with your hosting provider and find a solution.

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds