Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question All users moderators after migration.

More
8 years 11 months ago #31 by chetanmadaan

sozzled wrote: The moderator rank (Kunena » Rank Manager) needs to marked Special = Yes

Yes, Thank you. It was and is marked Special as Yes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #32 by sozzled

chetanmadaan wrote:

sozzled wrote: The moderator rank (Kunena » Rank Manager) needs to marked Special = Yes

Yes, Thank you. It was and is marked Special as Yes.

... and it has nothing to do with the problem! :lol:

More
8 years 11 months ago #33 by chetanmadaan
ha ha ha.

that partially solves i guess :-p
:woohoo:

More
8 years 11 months ago #34 by sozzled

chetanmadaan wrote: Would you like to point me somewhere specific or just general research through the 130 pages will do?

You asked me to point you to where (within the 130 messages posted in the topic All users have Administrator privileges ) you will find the answer.

There are two main ways that users can have administrator privileges in Kunena.

1) If the user is a member of the Joomla Administrator or Super Users groups. This problem is usually caused at account registration time if the registration options—see msg #18 —were changed.

2) If the Kunena component ACL has been changed so that all users (including registered users) effectively have administrator privilege when they access the forum. This is mentioned in msg #56 of the topic I referred to.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #35 by rich

chetanmadaan wrote: It reads and i quote "Inherited means that the permissions from the parent group will be used."

I think I know your problem. Wrong parent setting. Go to the User Groups and click on Registered. Group Parent should be Public. Check all usergroups and choose the same as in your new installation.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 11 months ago #36 by chetanmadaan
Just checked.

looks the same

existing install:

New install:

More
8 years 11 months ago #37 by rich

chetanmadaan wrote: Hi -

We migrated from Joomla 1.5 - Joomla 3.4 and to Kunena 3.0 and all of the sudden...

You have checked the database after migration in "Backend > Extensions > Extensions Manager > Database"?

More
8 years 11 months ago #38 by chetanmadaan

rich wrote:

chetanmadaan wrote: Hi -

We migrated from Joomla 1.5 - Joomla 3.4 and to Kunena 3.0 and all of the sudden...

You have checked the database after migration in "Backend > Extensions > Extensions Manager > Database"?

Two tables were out of date... updated but still the same result.

More
8 years 11 months ago #39 by chetanmadaan
To everyone who has been involved.

Thank YOU!

Also, this is more of a Joomla problem and Not a Kunena Specefic Issue. As the registered user's are able to edit articles too.

I migrated all kunena tables and user tables to a fresh Joomla setup and all looks good now.

Thank you again for the great support everyone.

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds