Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Important Search function not working on IIS - solution

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by pippo8765
Hi all!

I am satisfied user of all previous and hopefully future versions of Kunena, but recently I run into problem. Search function in top of forum (as input field) caused and endless redirection loop and produced no results in search! This is case only when IIS is used, while Apache handles it with no problem. I asked friend of mine to help and he did it.

file is \components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.link.class.php, line 291:
change
return JRoute::_(KUNENA_LIVEURLREL."&func={$func}&q={$searchword}{$params}{$limitstr}");

to
return JRoute::_(KUNENA_LIVEURL."&func={$func}&q={$searchword}{$params}{$limitstr}");

As I got explanation, reason for this lies in headers sent from within function in
\components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.search.class.php, lines 111 - 115
This type of redirect ("HTTP/1.1 303 See Other") apparently requires an absolute path, not a relative one, or the same request will be posted again. See also: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_redirection

"According to the HTTP protocol, the Location header must contain an absolute URI. When redirecting from one page to another within the same site, it is a common mistake to use a relative URI. As a result most browsers tolerate relative URIs in the Location header, but some browsers display a warning to the end user."

I checked also 1.6 latest version, same code there. I hope developers will take this into consideration to be permanent change. Cheers, thank you once again!

Solution provided by courtesy of Robert van Geel. Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by pippo8765. Reason: better layout of post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds