Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Quick Reply not working

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by amyg
Quick Reply not working was created by amyg
Hello, I have Kunena 1.5.12 installed on a Joomla 1.5.20 site. The Quick Reply button is not working - nothing happens when you click it. Seems like a Javascript issue, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

There was a post on this forum that purported to fix the problem, but when I checked my source code, the fix was already in there. Can someone please help me?

Forum is at sharpskirts.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=59 . (Only General Discussion category is open to the public.)

Also...This site uses JomSocial, as well as SUGA for access control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

do you have looked this page : docs.kunena.com/index.php/Conflicting_plugins ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by amyg
I have found the answer to this problem. There was a plugin conflict, although it is not on the list you referenced, xillibit.

It was the JB Library plugin from Joomla Bamboo, which I had installed in order to enable a Twitter plugin, also from JB. I disabled it, and Quick Reply started working again.

BTW, JB says that its plugin already operates in Noconflict mode, but it still seems to be making a problem with the MooTools library on my site.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by fxstein
Hi,

FYI Kunena 1.5 does not use mootools. It was based on jquery and the problem you are seeing is exactly why we switched away from it and now use the Joomla own mootools 1.2 libraries. Every module, component and template loads their own jquery and mootools libraries - and they all crash with each other. Two different version of jquery on the same site will do just what you experience.

The no conflict mode only helps to have jquery coexist with mootools on a single page.

Hopefully one day all developers will realize that they should not be shipping their own libraries and versions with every module and plugin they write. If all would make theirs work with what comes with Joomla all users would have a much easier life.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds