Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Kunena advertising position question

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by bigmike0601
kunena_msg_2 for example: I want to insert 3 banners next to each other along the same horizontal plane. Left, Middle, and Right. Is this possible? I can only get them to appear on different horizonal planes and it takes up too much vertical space this way. Hopefully, this question makes sense.

My site: www.EasternShoreman.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, bigmike0601, and thank you for your question.

From a support perspective - for that is what you have asked for - the standard Kunena template provides module positions - place-holders for advertising modules, if that's what you need - as described in Module Positions . I think we've already given you similar answers to you in the past. When we venture beyond the fittings of what's already provided in the standard Kunena default_ex template we're starting to venture beyond what most reasonable people would class as support, I think you would agree. That doesn't mean that we won't try to help you as best as we can, of course. :)

It may be possible to achieve what you want to do with Kunena. The benefit of an open source product like Kunena means that the source code is available to users to adapt and modify for whatever purposes they may have in mind. We encourage this activity and we also hope that users will share their insights, the discoveries they make, with the rest of the community in order to make Kunena even better.

Sometimes the ideas that people have can be realised in different ways that do not involve any changes to Kunena.

In the case that we're not discussing, I think that it's quite easy to achieve what you want to do - look around the internet and you'll see countless examples where advertisements appear in a left or right sidebar next to the main content. This is not done with Kunena, however. This is done using a Joomla template that supports three columns - a left one, a middle one and a right one. B)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds