Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Custom Registration Url

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by 219jondn
I am getting ready to launch a Joomla! site which will require users to register/login before being able to participate in the site forums.
When you click on the "Create an Account/Register" button either in the Kunena forum component or in the sidebar login module I have there, it takes you to the home page with the registration form placed BELOW the site content. The problem is, unless you scroll to the bottom no one is going to be able to see the registration form and it will just cause confusion!
Any ideas on how to get this to the top of the page?
I ama lready discussing this in a Joomla forum here: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=5...8&p=2247412#p2247412 and the suggested fix was to change the "register" or "Create an Account" link to go to a custom registration menu page at /register.html - working on that, but my question here is 1 - is there a better way to do it, or 2 - where can I find the file to edit the 'Register' link in Kunena?
Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by NicholasJohn16
I would say to suggest creating a specific menu link for the registartion form. That should clear up the problem.

Just go to a menu, click New, then User in the menu type tree, then Default Registration Layout. Configure it as you want, then save it. The modules shouldn't appear on that page any more and the link on your module should change to this new link.

If you don't want this menu itm to show up on your site anywhere, I would suggest creating a new menu, call it Invisible, and set the menu module to appear on 'None.' The link will still work, but the module won't be displayed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds