Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Kunena not updating users from Joomlas user groups

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by ypolt
Hey guys :)
I've noticed a small issue when I add new users to a higher user group in Joomla (registered to author for instance) in order for them to access specific parts of my forum.
In order for them to actually see the private forum category, I have to go into my Kunena forum configuration, click the private top-level category and then save it once, without modifying anything else in there. As if the forum updates the user list only when I save that category setting (again, without changing any settings).

It seems like an unnecessary step, and took me quite a while to figure out (thought it was their browser cache or something at first) so I figured it might not be intended and perhaps I have some settings wrong?

I'm using:
Joomla 1.5.17
Kunena 1.5.11
Apache 2.2.12
MySQL 5.1.37
PHP 5.2.10

site: crux.mine.nu/joomla

Thank you very kindly for reading :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Bekker
I have the same problem.

Even though nobody seems to care, and the problem still exists 4 months later, your question helped me.

I could not figure out why it did not work, but you question showed me a work around.

Thaks for showing me a way around the problem.

I hope the crew will look at the problem and find a solution.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
Thank you for this update. Sometimes we don't always catch every question asked - it's a very busy forum and our support system is a little stretched at the present time.

If you move a user from one Joomla group to another (say from Registered User to Author, for example) so that they can access a restricted forum, the access is not immediate if the affected user is currently logged-in. The user has to logout and then login again in order to inherit the new Joomla access rights.

I haven't seen any evidence of this issue in any of the websites that I have run from the time of K 1.5.3 (or thereabouts) and I can't say if there was a problem specifically with K 1.5.11 or not. In any event, it's always a good policy, before reporting problems, to upgrade to the latest version even if it's only to eliminate a version-specific error. The latest version of Kunena 1.5.x is K 1.5.12. I suggest that you upgrade to that version.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by Bekker
Tank you for your reply.

I fail to inform you that my site is upgraded, so I am running Joomla 1.5.20 and Kunena 1.5.12 :),
but the problem still exist on that configuration.

I use two differnt users when I make the move. I use an admin user to move the user to another group and it is a normal user that I move, so they are not logged-in at the same time.

Do you have any other surgestions or other things we could try, to solve the problem?

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds