Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important Need help to upgrade Joomla and convert from SMF to Kunena

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by LeslieO
My non-profit group recently appointed me with the task of updating their website!!! :blink: We currently use an old version of Simple Machines and an old version of Joomla! I need to convert our Simple Machines to Kunena, and I don't know where to start! Is there anyone that could help me? We have no money since we're a non-profit. :huh:
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Where to start:

First of all, consider whether it's of any real benefit to your organisation to retain the SMF forum and all the old discussion topics that you had in it; it might be better to archive the data, lock the forum, only permit read-only access to it, and create a completely fresh new website. That, of course, is only suggestion (but it's the one that I would choose). Migrating can be full of unnecessary headaches that can be avoided if you simply say "I'm not doing it" and you start again.

If you would like to discuss those options, we can discuss those options - offline, if you prefer.

I've tried searching for SMF on this forum to see if anyone has successfully migrated from that product to Kunena. It looks like it might be possible but, as I have no direct experience using SMF, I really don't know. This topic might help: migrating Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x to Joomla 1.5+kunena Script .

Whatever you do, make sure you have a good backup.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buph

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by Matias
I've done SMF2 conversion components to Joomla, but it's still missing user import (if they do not exist in Joomla).

I would love to finish all the converters, but the truth is that I don't have the time to do everything. Currently the component allows manual user migration after user has been registered into Joomla, but..

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by sapas
Hi - could you make the converter available for download please (I've also skyped you)

Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sapas.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds