Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important No Kunena-posts in the JomSocial activity-stream

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by wolle
On my homepage www.notocactus.eu I have installed various additional software for my Joomla 3.4.8: EasyBlog 5.0.22, JoomGallery 3.2.2, Phoca Download 3.1.0, Kunena 4.0.10, MaxiMenu CK 4.0.7, JCE Editor 2.5.11, GTranslate 3.0.x.34, ECC + - EasyCalcCheck Plus 3.1.1.
In the members-area I use JomSocial 4.1.6 as community software and I wish, that all activities of the members using the other software are also displayed in JomSocial activity-stream.
Unfortunately there is a problem: The activities of JomSocial and EasyBlog are edisplayed on JomSocial activity-stream, neither the activities of Kunena. :-( No items for the activity-stream also be generated! (The plugin for JomSocial and Kunena is installed and adjusted)
Do you have any idea how I can find out the cause of this problem?
Many thanks for your help!
Wolfgang Prauser
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by wolle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by angeltek
Check the category permissions. The "Kunena - JomSocial Integration" plugin will only send to the JS activity stream if the permission for Kunena category in which the post is made are one of:
  • Access Level - Public
  • Access Level - Registered
  • User Groups - Public
  • User Groups - Registsred

If you have set the Kunena category to any other Access Level or User Group, or to ANY JomSocial group, then the post will not appear on the JS activity stream. Unfortunately this is hard-coded into the plugin :(
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by angeltek.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by wolle
Dear Angletek,
You are the greatest!!!
That was precisely the problem to which I had already experimented months!
I am super happy that I was able to eliminate this last malfunction.
Pity anyway that the other user groups may not be set ...

More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by angeltek
Glad to be of help :cheer:

Actually I had the same problem myself and only fixed it today... I'd already seen your post so shared my experience. I've had a quick look at the plugin code. I think it would be relatively easy to add a couple of fields to the backend screen and modify the code to allow for custom access levels and user groups... I don't have time to do that right now as deadlines are looming and I've already wasted a day on this problem. Maybe I'll have a go another time.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds