Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Kunena 5.0.5 to any other forum boards

More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by VanZooKie
Hello!

I want to migrate my Kunena forum database. I'm on 5.0.5 version and I want to try another forum system board.
Do you know any converter or tool to do this job?

Desirable phpbb

Thank you a lot in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by 24x7servermanagement
Just curious for what reason you want to migrate ? We came here other way around and are looking to migrate from VB.

More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by VanZooKie
Templates, errors with attachments, functions, plugins, speed...

More
6 years 2 months ago #4 by xreliable
I was a long time vb user but migrated from vb to Kunena 3 a few years back because I didn't want the bloat of vb5 (and wasn't confident in the vb team after all the drama with the new ownership and mass exodus of original team members to xenforo)

I also wanted to do away with loading a bridge for joomla/vb accounts. I've kept an eye on xenforo but in all this time they've toyed with bridges for Joomla but never did one. So then I saw people complaining about Kunena 5 and I had problems with the new template system when I did some test migrations, so I jumped into migrating to EasyDiscuss. EasyDiscuss has been a nightmare. It is REALLY poorly coded and the user interface is confusing to users. I know people love StackIdeas team and they do some things very well but I think EasyDiscuss is also a sort of ugly stepchild to the Stack team as they don't give it much attention. It is poorly conceived, implemented and supported. So now I'm thinking to migrate back to Kunena 5.

But reading about the errors and in particular the issue with speed for Kunena, I'm having second thoughts. Can anyone speak to this issue? I cannot afford to go through another migration and then have it slowing my site down. I get spikes in traffic and I need something that performs.

More
6 years 2 months ago #5 by makotosun
I use Kunena on several different sites, not super, super busy, but we have about 6,000 users on one of the sites - probably only about 20 at most on at one time. It is on a shared server and is part of a fairly bloated site :)

Performance is pretty decent, though not a fast as PHPbb.

I went with Kunena as it is open source (free) has a decent following and regular updates/maintenance. The single sign on for my users is also one big draw, as we have a lot of other features on our site as well.

www.Yamaha-Enduros.com is the large one if you want to take a peek. I have a much, much smaller site at www.HodakaClassified.com as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xreliable

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds