Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved Migrating kunena 1.7.2 to kunena 5.0.11

More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by doberk
Hello,

I have an old joomla 1.5 site and I have created a new one based on Joomla 3.8. I have migrated all my users from old site to the new one and now I also would like to migrate forum categories and messages. What is the best way to do it?

I tried to import kunena tables, matching all fields and datatypes with tables of latest version, but there is a table in the latest version which isn´t in the old version: kunena_user_topics, and here I´m stuck.

Any help with this topic, please?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2 by rich

I tried to import kunena tables, matching all fields and datatypes with tables of latest version, but there is a table in the latest version which isn´t in the old version: kunena_user_topics, and here I´m stuck.

You need only import the old *_kunena_tables, then install the recent Kunena version. But Joomla 1.5 has another user management as Joomla 2.5 or 3.x, therefore you must determine new the access for all categories manually after the kunena installation.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: argillit

More
6 years 6 months ago #3 by doberk
Thank you mate, it works. There was a mistake in my first post. The old site has joomla 2.5, not 1.5, So user migration was no problem.

Regards.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds