Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This category is only for discussing add-on software products for K 3.0 that were obtained on the download page . Topics about other products obtained from other sources will be deleted.

Other add-ons that were developed by the Kunena team - but no longer maintained - are available on an "as is" basis. People who use these products do so at their own risk.

This category is for the community to share their experiences and to develop their own solutions to problems that they may encounter. Please note that the adminstrators and team moderators are not obligated to reply to topics in this category.

Solved After I login I want to be directed to the forum

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by JJRE12
After I log in it doesn't send me to the Kunena forum page, but instead just shows me the below capture... Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

-Jon

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : it_property | author: IceTheme | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 3.4.5.1255

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 3.0.1

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by JJRE12.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by JJRE12
After I log in it doesn't send me to the Kunena forum page, but instead just shows me the below screen capture... It's like I'm logged in, but I'm stuck on my main webpage. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

-Jon

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : it_property | author: IceTheme | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 3.4.5.1255

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 3.0.1

Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

This looks like another one of those "Kunena Login module redirection" issues. I am not sure what conclusions we have reached on those subjects. You can see other topics related to your question >>> here <<<

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #4 by JJRE12
Your reply provided me with NO help whatsoever. All you did was provide a search query with my question to which none of it helped. (Yes some of us can recognize cheap programming when we see it) I spent hours looking the posts you "provided" me and none of them answered my question. I later found out, through trial and error, that I needed to change the redirection settings to "Kunena" rather than the default setting of "default" in the Joomla back-end.

Turns out your explanation of "looks like another one of those Kunena Login module redirection issues" was *** profanity removed by moderator ***.

You were of so little help I find it hard to believe that you have responded to 20,700 posts. If you have responded to half of those with the simple automated search query that you provided me with, then shame on you!

Really dude? :angry:

If you're just a user dude, then maybe you shouldn't be moderating......
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
We do not appreciate the lack of understanding or intolerance that you have shown in response to our difficult job in trying to assist members of our community.

I would like to remind you that there is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

Occasionally things go wrong. We acknowledge that as a human failing. We're neither perfect nor are we expert on everything.

Your problem has been discussed before. I, personally, do not have the answer you want to fix the problem. What I was trying to demonstrate - perhaps unsuccessfully - is that you are not alone in having the problem with the Kunena Login module.

There are other alternatives.

If it is vital that you and your users are directed to your forum page, I would suggest that you use either the standard Joomla login module on your site home page or use some other login module instead of the Kunena Login module. Installing the Kunena Login module is purely optional; people do not need the Kunena Login module in order to run their forum. We do not use the Kunena Login module here at this site.

In response to what any reasonable person would describe as a case of throwing a tantrum and being unappreciative of the [little] help that I offered, your posting rights at this forum have been suspended for one week. I hope that this will give you some time to think about how you have behaved and to think more carefully in future about how to behave.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by JJRE12
It was just a setting error.

Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Thank you for settling this matter. Your advice will help others, I'm sure, who may be having similar problems. :)

Time to create page: 0.801 seconds