Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Improved (js)Socials buttons implementation

More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by ruud
Hi,

It is really nice that the Kunena team opted for the jssocials script to display social buttons on the kunena component.
I would like to request a feature:

Currently you have (in crypsis) the options:
  • Display Social share
  • Social Theme

I would like the option to have the crypsis template insert a user configurable {tag}

What would that bring to the Kunena community?

I develop and maintain the (free) Joomla jsSocials plugin : This plugin is highly configurable (which buttons to display, display with / without labels, count, responsive buttons, autobuttons on articles / k2 / easyblog, utm support, custom css, etc. etc.} It is a content plugin that out-of-the-box replaces the tag {jssocials} with the jssocials buttons (as configured).

Being able to add the {jssocials} tag via the crypsis config enables users to control all social media buttons on their website via the jssocials plugin: making it a very consistent UX!

This will not only work for my plugin, but it will work for any plugin that uses {tags} :)

The code for doing this in crypsis is fairly simple and I am willing to do a PR, just want to check if this is something you are open for before jumping in the deep end :woohoo:

sharing = caring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by ruud
Hi,

I found a way to implement the Social Sharing buttons in Kunena, enabling the visitor / website owner have all the 'goodies' :)

Not via doing a PR (pity there was no interest from the developers :() but via built in out-of-the-box Joomla! functionality.

I have created a how-to for anybody interested in having awesome jssocials buttons in Kunena as well :)

Social Sharing buttons in Kunena (jssocials)

Hope this helps make the Kunena integration in Joomla (K2, Easyblog) sites even better :)

sharing = caring

More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by ruud
With the arrival of the fresh new Kunena 5.0.12, my code changes (PR's) for better handling Socials Media tags have heen accepted :)
I have written a new instruction / blog on how to utilize these changes to the max :)

onlinecommunityhub.nl/community-tools/th...ng-buttons-in-kunena

sharing = caring

More
5 years 6 months ago #4 by StudioTommy
Hello ruud,

I've just read your post.
if I understand you correctly, is there a way to disable individual jsocial providers?
I have not found this feature in the Kunena version 5.1.3 so far, can you help me with where to find this setting?

Thank you very much
Tommy

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #5 by ruud
Hi,
There are two ways:
1. With the built in solution as build in in Kunena, you need to hide the buttons that you do not need via CSS ( there is a post on how to do that on this forum)
2. With an external solution as described in my post. Here you have consistent buttons throughout your site where you can change the order of the buttons and even show buttons depending on the visitors device (mobile, tablet, desktop)

Currently on mobile so limited in my reply :)

sharing = caring
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by ruud.

More
5 years 6 months ago #6 by StudioTommy
Thank you,

I'll take a look at it and then report if it worked.

:)

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds