Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [K.5.0] Feature: Add 3 action buttons to recent topics/posts view

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by ssh
It will be nice to have these buttons available in the recent topics/posts view:
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ssh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
If you want it you can add it own your own template. There is already a new topic menu item what you can use.
Mark topics read, is already on the user dropdown.

Subscribe has no function here.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by ssh

810 wrote: If you want it you can add it own your own template.

I know I can do it, it's only a suggestion.
btw, 95% of every bug/feature/enhance/question I post here, is for the benefit of every kunena user, not only for me.

810 wrote: There is already a new topic menu item what you can use.

Yes, I know, but the new topic menu item is not green, it's invisible for some eyes (A forum without new topics is a dead forum)
According to my analytics reports, the Green button has a better performance than the grey one in the kunena menu.

810 wrote: Mark topics read, is already on the user dropdown.

yes, I know, but this option will mark all the topics/posts in the entire page as read, the need is only for the recent topics/posts.

810 wrote: Subscribe has no function here.

Of course it has function, assuming you are showing 50 categories in that recent topics/post view.
It makes sense to make just 1 click to subscribe to 50 categories.

Again, this is only a suggestion, you will take the final decision.
it's your time and effort my friend, I respect that.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by 810
I will think about it of the first 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssh

More
7 years 8 months ago #5 by ssh

More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by myale
just a question and a thought...

can any of the above be SELECTED with checked boxes as an example to make the feature work?

i hope i am following this thread right...
what i was asking is think on the recent topics, have a pull down menu give the member, a select all (subscribe) select some or leave it alone for select none

im not sure if that makes sense

More
5 years 1 month ago #7 by tcn

ssh wrote:

810 wrote: Mark topics read, is already on the user dropdown.

yes, I know, but this option will mark all the topics/posts in the entire page as read, the need is only for the recent topics/posts.

+1 for the above feature.

Our users are coming from SMF. Regular users would skim through recent unread topics and reply here and there. When done they like to mark the topics they are not interested in as read, right from the list of unread messages or recent topics.

As a moderator I have the option to select some or all messages in the list and do something with them. But marking them as read is not an option. A button, like the one present on a board page, would be really nice. Btw, we are not using the user dropdown menu. It doen't fit into our template, especially on small screen devices.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds