Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Discuss plugin start new topic on each visit and wrong title per message

More
5 years 7 months ago #21 by Nikiniko
I am worried a lot about this problem ,
because it is creating double and triple pages ,
and google penalize the double content.
My forum dropped from 18% visits from searches to 13,7% and keeps dropping.
I dont know if this is responsible but i think so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #22 by Nikiniko
this is a very serious problem / bug of kunena for many people,
why nobody is interested ?

More
5 years 7 months ago #23 by rich
I'm sorry, but I was long time not here.
hm.. I see your problem now. In principle the error is fixed but if you delete a new created double discussion, it will created again. This problem happens, if you delete the discussion with the wrong thread id.
Example:
After the first visit the plugin has created a forum topic with ID 55
But with the bug in K5.1.1 you got in the database kunena_discuss table the thread ID 0 (therfore it has been created a new topic on each visit)..

Now the bug is solved and if you visit the article it removes the wrong table but nevertheless it creates a new topic with the next ID 56.
If you visit the article again, it creates the correct table but with continuous ID 57.

Now you have 3 threads (with ID 55, 56 and 57) but only the topic with ID 57 is correctly in the database (see image).
If you delete the topic with ID 57 it creates again a new topic with the next available free ID.

Solution:
Delete only the topics with the lower IDs (you see the ID in the browser address if you open the topic) or merge the topics to one topic.
Hint: You must upgrade your Kunena previously. This problem occur only with older discussions before upgrade to Kunena 5.1.3

Attachments:

More
5 years 7 months ago #24 by Nikiniko
Thank you for your time,
Kunena is updated but i still have the problem
prnt.sc/kqfawf

More
5 years 7 months ago #25 by Nikiniko
Anyway deleting is not an option for me, every day i maybe have 10-15 new threads, if those they create 30-50 double threads i must be there all day to delete the double ones,

More
5 years 7 months ago #26 by Nikiniko
One other problem is that in the new created thread, there are only 3 dots,..., no link to the article or part of it.

More
5 years 7 months ago #27 by Nikiniko
Is there someone who can fix this ? NOT 4 FREE
1) Not to create a post in every visit
2) Instead of the 3 dots in the first post to show all article or link to it.

I am willing to pay for it

More
5 years 7 months ago #28 by Nikiniko
No support (paid or free) pity

More
5 years 7 months ago #29 by 810
if you remove the last id, then it should work normally, I couldn't reproduce the issue anymore.

More
5 years 7 months ago #30 by Nikiniko
810 thank you for your time,
i have about 7000 articles i dont know how many are the doubles ones generated all this time. How can i use your solution ?
Solution:
Delete only the topics with the lower IDs (you see the ID in the browser address if you open the topic) or merge the topics to one topic.

This can be usefull if you have 10-20 articles

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds