Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena discuss login redirect

More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by richguy
Hello. When logging in from the "Log in to comment" button, the user is taken to the homepage with the system message "Error You are not authorised to view this resource." rather that staying on article page. Login is successful and Discuss is ready to use, but we can't work out why it redirects there. Any thoughts appreciated - thanks.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 350M | Max file upload: 30M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_callisto | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.3.5 | creationdate: May 17, 2016

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.1 | creationdate: 2016-08-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.1 | 2016-08-20 [ Binturong ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.0.1

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by nathanbright
As Rich's developer I am looking into this more closely

I have checked the source code of the Discuss plugin (latest version as of 20160920)

plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/kunenadiscuss.php:
$guestHtml = $guestHtml . "<a class='klogin-to-discuss' href='" . JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=login&Itemid=1988') . "' >" . JText::_('PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_LOG_IN_TO_COMMENT') . "</a>";

Would I be right in thinking that "1988" value should be derived rather than hard code? Perhaps it should be the id of the page to be returned to after login?

And the structure of this link is such that a language override cannot be used to eliminate the link. More usually I have seen a string constructor containing "%s" to allow a derived value (the link address in this case) to be added to the language string before being sent to output. In that way we could at least change the output to simple text (e.g. "Log in above") to eliminate the link

Surprising no-one else is having this issue? Have I misunderstood that 1988 value?

More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

You are right the itemid is hard-coded, i need to look to add maybe a setting to choose when the user should be redirected after login.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 1 month ago #4 by Nookman
Any progress on this. On login i get directed to the Profile page and not to the place to comment.
Regards

More
7 years 1 month ago #5 by remco123

Nookman wrote: Any progress on this. On login i get directed to the Profile page and not to the place to comment.
Regards

Same here. Visitors are lazy and don't like this.
It should be an option in the plugin settings imo

More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Kunena discuss login redirect
fixed on the next version, it will be loading the standard KunenaLoginUrl, so if you have enabled cb, then it will be loading the cb login page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nookman

More
6 years 9 months ago #7 by remco123
I still have the same issue. How and where can I change the settings so that after log in the user is still on the page with the article he/she want to comment?
I don't use cb.
plz let me know

More
6 years 9 months ago #8 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena discuss login redirect
hm.. you're right, this problem still exists. I've added a ticket in the bug list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nookman

More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by remco123

rich wrote: hm.. you're right, this problem still exists. I've added a ticket in the bug list.

Will this be added to the next bugfixes? After the last Kunena update this problem still exists.

More
6 years 8 months ago #10 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena discuss login redirect
Kunena and Extensions updates are not the same. It was only a upgrade for the forum software.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds