Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question A Kunena Discuss workshop: How to allow my users to comment on my Joomla articles in my forum

More
10 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
Let me start by asking you two questions:

What category are your Joomla articles currently in now? What is the category id of those articles?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #12 by Uncle Sam

What I did was make a "article discussion" category and I made it the parent of all my other article categories. The Id seems to be unchangeable at 19 and I created it in the content tab area.I see no way to connect that category to the forums as it has no parent options and is the parent of all my article categories- I think making the category in the wrong place, I did try to do something under menus and that didn't work either....basically , I see no way to link my article discussion category to the forums
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Uncle Sam.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
Let me try to make this simpler for you.

I went to your website. I see you have articles created in the Joomla category called "Blind Light". I do not know the ID of this category but, knowing that information, if you want people to comment about articles only from that category, you enter this ID - it's a number - into the field

Kunena Discuss » Allowed Content Categories

If you want to allow people to comment on any article in any category, then you use the setting

Kunena Discuss » Allowed Content Categories = 0

If you want to allow discussions on certain categories, you enter the value as a comma-separated list (as I wrote about in the topic Kunena Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use . Alternatively, you can set Allowed Content Categories to the value of zero and you can exclude certain Joomla article categories from Kunena Discuss by entering category IDs in the field Denied Content Categories. Do you follow this so far?

What might help is to know which article category/categories you want to allow for people to discuss articles that are posted in them. Can you tell us what categories of Joomla articles are the ones you want people to be able to discuss? When you can tell us that, we can then go on to the next step.

Here is a tip to find out the IDs of the categories of articles in your Joomla site:

Go to Content » Category Manager in your J! 3.2 administrator site (the IDs are shown on the right side of that page).
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ishtar

More
10 years 2 months ago #14 by Uncle Sam
I did notice that it doesn't seem to be showing up in the Kunena plug ins area
Attachments:

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #15 by sozzled
According to the configuration report you posted a few messages ago, you have installed the Kunena Discuss 3.0.1 plugin. Maybe you were looking in the wrong place? :dry:

Go to Extensions » Plugin Manager to see all the plugins you have installed on your site and I am fairly confident that you will find it.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #16 by Uncle Sam

More
10 years 2 months ago #17 by sozzled
Good! :)

Now, can you answer the question I asked you about the Joomla category ID (or IDs) that you want to allow so that the Kunena Discuss plugin will work with them?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #18 by Uncle Sam

More
10 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
OK, good start. This means that you want people to comment on all your Joomla articles - no exceptions.

The next thing we need to do is to get those comments into your forum.

In which one Kunena category do you want people's "comments" to appear? If you want to know what Kunena categories you have, go to Components » Kunena » Category Manager in the backend.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #20 by Uncle Sam
ok-recent topics is fine- I can fine tune when I get the lay of the land- 1 week ago I never did anything like this-I been sitting at this desk 15 hours a day for the last 5 days learning how to do this.

Time to create page: 1.291 seconds