Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question A Kunena Discuss workshop: How to allow my users to comment on my Joomla articles in my forum

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1 by Uncle Sam
Yes, after creating an article in Joomla and posting it, I would like to have a comment boxunderneath that when used, automatically feeds into the forum as a topic like this .
sO THESE PICS SHOW THAT A COMMENT BOX IS UNDER THE ARTICLE AND THEN ONCE A COMMENT IS MADE IT IS A TOPIC IN THE FORUMS (PARD CAPS)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Sam

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #3 by Uncle Sam
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Uncle Sam.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

Uncle Sam wrote: thanks, got a faq on how?Got it!

Yes. See Kunena Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use - the guide may have been written for an older version of Kunena Discuss (and some of the features may have changed a little) but the general principles are still the same in Kunena Discuss 3.0.1.

More
10 years 1 month ago #5 by Uncle Sam
I am having trouble figuring out how to create a category that links my articles to the forums and the site you just gave isn't clearing that up-thanks - can you get specific about making a category procedure to link with the forums

More
10 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
I can be more specific if you can be a little more specific, too. Please watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 and I will give you information that applies to your specific situation. Thanks.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7 by Uncle Sam
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1 | UddeIM 3.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: None

More
10 years 1 month ago #8 by Uncle Sam
I just can't get a handle on where I create a category-certainly not at content tab!

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
I am attaching a screenshot taken from one of my J 3.2.2 sites where I use Kunena Discuss 3.0.1. This is an example of a fairly "typical" arrangement.

I have a forum category (category 11) where I want comments about Joomla articles I have written on my site.

In my case, I only want people to comment on articles contained in one Joomla article category (category 50). So, I have entered the following information into:

Kunena Discuss » Default Forum Category = 11
Kunena Discuss » Allowed Content Categories = 50

... and I have left most of the other settings almost unchanged. Does this help?
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #10 by Uncle Sam
I'm not sure how that's going to get my articles to sink up, isn't there some sort of category I'm supposed to create-I think that's my hitch! But I will check your settings with mine.Usually to make something work, I have to create something and link it, I just can't see what that would be
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Uncle Sam.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds