Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 3.0.0: Back-end kunena admin panel strange, CSS style not loading [Solved]

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1 by Azmandius
Hello,
Not sure if this happened to anyone before. My kunena (3.0.0) back-end admin panel looks bad:

It looks like css style isn't loading, even though the panel works, all sections look same, vertical 90's style rough HTML, no css.

All other Joomla components and Joomla it self panel is fine, its only kunena.
Is there a file i need to check to fix this?

Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Azmandius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi,

I think you try to re-install the Kunena component.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3 by Azmandius
Thanks, but that sounds like a too harsh solution, too much customization i have done to just trash it all.

Perhaps i could recover some specific files responsible for CSS style from backup? I'm just not sure which ones.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #4 by 810
look in \administrator\components\com_kunena\template\joomla30\template.php if joomla 3.x
or \administrator\components\com_kunena\template\joomla25\template.php if joomla 2.5.x
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by 810.

More
9 years 6 months ago #5 by Azmandius
Thanks, done (did not help much though :().

More
9 years 6 months ago #6 by 810
best way is to rename: administrator\components\com_kunena to com_kunena1
then download kunena. unpack on the admin files.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #7 by Azmandius
I have downloaded the pkg_kunena_v3.0.6_2014-07-28 pack, extracted it, and i see here pkg_kunena_v3.0.6_2014-07-28\packages\com_kunena_v3.0.6\ a bunch of directories, and i'm not sure which ones go to my server's administrator/components/com_kunena and which to components/com_kunena.

More
9 years 6 months ago #8 by rich
Your screenshot is from Joomla 2.5.
The problem occurs when either the template.php is broken in "administrator/components/com_kunena/template/joomla25/".
Or if the bootstrap-custom.css is corrupt or has been changed. The path is "/media/kunena/css/joomla25/bootstrap-custom.css"

9themestore wrote: Hi,
I think you try to re-install the Kunena component.

Azmandius wrote: Thanks, but that sounds like a too harsh solution, too much customization i have done to just trash it all.

An upgrade is still recommended ( see here ). :)

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #9 by sozzled

Azmandius wrote: Not sure if this happened to anyone before. My kunena (3.0.0) back-end admin panel looks bad.

I cannot remember if the problems you are experiencing with K 3.0.0 happened to anyone before. K 3.0.0 was released in May 2013; K 3.0.0 has not been supported for more than 16 months (since K 3.0.1 was released). The only supported version of Kunena at this time is K 3.0.6.

The correct way to instal K 3.0.6 is to read the K 3.0 Installation Guide .

I agree with 9themestore who wrote : "I think you [should] try to re-install the Kunena component." Yes, I sympathise with your view that this may seem like overkill and you may have done a lot of customisation to Kunena but, if you want our honest opinion, the best solution is to use the approved installation/upgrade procedure and to use the K 3.0.6 which is the only version of Kunena that is supported at the time of writing.

Also, please read Rules for posting in K 3.0 Support category .
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #10 by Azmandius

rich wrote: The problem occurs when either the template.php is broken in "administrator/components/com_kunena/template/joomla25/".
Or if the bootstrap-custom.css is corrupt or has been changed. The path is "/media/kunena/css/joomla25/bootstrap-custom.css"

Thanks, replaced bootstrap-custom.css and template.php from backup, but did not help.

sozzled wrote: use the approved installation/upgrade procedure and to use the K 3.0.6 which is the only version of Kunena that is supported at the time of writing.

Thank you, i'll take into consideration the reinstall suggestion.

19.10.2014 - It was all about the server, hosting (paid) sucks, just moved my site to another server hosting (even free) and it works all perfectly.

Thanks all for assistance and help, thread - solved.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Azmandius. Reason: Hosting is the reason.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds