Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important New post always defaults to anonymous user?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by bolla
I have several categories on my forum, one of them allows anonymous posting. The default choice here is "By default post replies as: Registered user". But every time I select "New Topic" for that category it defaults to anonymous. I've checked the database table kunena_categories and the field allow_anonymous is 1, the post_anonymous is 0. So the choices set are stored correctly.

Edit: This happens only when selecting "New Post" from the Kunena tab menus on top, then choosing Category from drop down forum selection. If I instead go "All forums", select the same forum from there, and then selecting "New Topic/Post" it defaults to registered user. So:

- from Kunena top menu new post, anonymous is default and wrong
- from All forums, my forum, new post, registered is default and correct

Configuration:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bolla. Reason: Found different behaviour depending on which way I select New Post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, bolla, and welcome to Kunena.

I think I know why new topics or replies default to "anonymous user" postings. It would help if you looked at the Category settings tab for the category where you allow anonymous posts.

This is not a Kunena defect. This problem is caused by the way you have set up your category. I have therefore moved your topic to another category where we answer questions like this one.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #3 by bolla
Thank you for answering.

I checked the settings I think you suggested (this is the settings for the forum "myownforum"):

If I go directly to this url:
Code:
/index.php/forum/newtopic
and choose "myownforum" from the category pull-down menu, then it defaults to anonymous user, even if I have specified that "By default post replies as registered user". I know that starting a new thread is not neccesarily the same as "post reply", but I see no other settings anywhere in Kunena that I can change to correct this issue??

When creating a new post via this url:
Code:
/index.php/forum/myownforum/topic/create
then the post defaults to registered user, just as I have set up.

How can I make the first link default to registered user?
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bolla.

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

bolla wrote: I checked the settings I think you suggested ...

No, you showed us a screenshot of part of your forum configuration settings. I was referring to the category settings. The problem you are having is fixed with the Kunena Category Manager.

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by bolla
Ok, so to find the correct page you are describing I then go to "Components -> Kunena Forum -> Category Manager". I don't see anything there that would fix my problem? If I uncheck the "Anonymous" box there then Anonymous is not allowed at all.

I have one container, and 5 forums in it. The one I'm talking about is bordered with red.
Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
There is another setting in that category. You have to drill down into the category to find the other setting.

More
9 years 11 months ago #7 by bolla
Isn't that the one I showed in post #3 here?

More
9 years 11 months ago #8 by bolla
Never mind, I just removed the Kunena menu item "New Post" from the Kunena top menu.

Now, by forcing my users to select a specific forum first, then "New Post" the allow anonymous post, default as registered user, works ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

bolla wrote: Isn't that the one I showed in post #3 here?

No. There are other settings that you can change.

[strike]If you think you have resolved this problem I will mark it as closed and move this topic to K 3.0 General Questions Archive category.[/strike]
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #10 by bolla
A couple of questions come to mind,

- if you know about this "other" setting, "another category", why don't you tell me what it is, since I'm obviously lost here?
- as there are only two settings regarding anonymous messages, why does not Kunena respect my two only choices, "Allow anonymous", and "Post as registered first"?

If this is a :S feature of Kunena, it is a really confusing feature.

Besides, in the Mysql database, there are only two settings regarding anonymous posting defaults, the table "_kunena_categories" has two entries in the row for the forum, "allow_anonymous" and "post_anonymous". All my "post_anonymous" are set to the value 0 which means "by default post as registered user".

I would call it a bug...
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bolla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds