Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena does not work as my site homepage or with my Joomla menus

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled

woonydanny wrote: Probably the biggest issue that Kunena needs to fix is the ability to have kunena as your site home page.

I understand and respect your opinion.

woonydanny wrote: Matias explained it well, and confirms that you cannot use kunena as forum home page if you dont want the name you give the forum menu item in every url of your whole site.

What I understand, from what Matias explained to me, is that you cannot use any other self-contained Joomla component as your home page (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.,) either. This is not a problem confined only to Kunena.

This may only be my opinion but I would say most people don't even give the URL that appears in web browser's address a second's glance (except when copying and pasting the reference elsewhere or, perhaps, bookmarking the page). As far as your opinion that this is the "biggest issue that Kunena needs to fix" is concerned, we're all entitled to our opinions.

woonydanny wrote: if i name the kunena menu item 'forum' then all my urls of my site will have '/forum' in them so the menu item to jomsocial photos would be www.site.com/forum/jomsocial-photos

You could name the menu item "home" instead ... :dry: ... or something else. (Yeah, I know this is clumsy, but it may be a workaround.)

Perhaps one day, in a future version of Joomla, this issue may be addressed. Until that happens I guess this is just going to remain "one of those things". :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.784 seconds