Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question 'New Topic' menu button leads to 403 Forbidden error (new installation)

More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by cbs.webmaster
I have the default Forum menu in my Joomla installation, using Joomla 3.9.11, and the New Topic button always leads to a 403 forbidden screen (whether I set it to a specific forum, or any forum in the menu settings). I'm attempting to create topic as a Super Admin, the menu item is restricted to member only (minimum level). Here's the message:

403 Forbidden
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by rich

(whether I set it to a specific forum, or any forum in the menu settings)

What do you mean by that?
Please create a configuration report.

More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by TomFullen
Hello,

I was having the same issue. Then a light went on. I was adding editors/moderators via my Joomla backend Users and setting permissions, and getting the 403 Forbidden. You may not be able to visit this page because of:...

Because I needed to create a hidden login for this particular site I created a module for it with a Login Redirect "Forum Page" and a Logout Redirect "Home Page."

When visiting the Login page there is a "Create an Account" option. By creating a new account via that link and activating it through the Kunena backend the Error 403 was no more.

So, in conclusion; if I add a user and permissions through the Joomla backend, I still needed to update the new user in the Kunena "User" backend as well in either the Joomla backend or the login page.

"Set permissions in the Kunena backend."

Hope this helps someone.

-Tom

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds