Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved "Identical message was ignored" Error

More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by Ratman
Hi @ all.

One of my users complained about about a strange error message:

For explaination: I'm running a small forum related to wristwatches. The forum contains also a small marketplace, where users can offer (or search for) watches. The user mentioned above has posted three different offers some time ago and now he wanted to push those offers. He tried to create an answer to all three posts with identical text (see screenshot), but gets an error message when he tries to do so.

I tried to reproduce the error in a different (non-public) category, but the issue did not occour.

Is this a known error? Or some kind of flood protection?

Thanks for you hints in advance!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : joomlage0111-Sketch | author: Joomlage.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: April 2016

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: 2018-12-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.15 | 2019-10-27 [ Oberon ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.4.3 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Stats 5.1.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by rich

Is this a known error?

He will have sent the three messages quickly and successively.
Spam bots often post the same messages within a short amount of time.
Therefore, it's prevented to send in a minimum of time the same message several times, but if you wait some time, you can send the same message again.
Try it as a normal registered user.

Or some kind of flood protection?

It's similar. If you use the flood protection, it prevents you to send messages inside a chosen time period, indifferent which text the message contains.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #3 by Ratman

rich wrote: Therefore, it's prevented to send in a minimum of time the same message several times, but if you wait some time, you can send the same message again.
Try it as a normal registered user.

Yep, you are right. I tried it as a normal user and then the same message appeared. Can you tell the exact duration the user has to wait until he can post the same message again? Seems to be more than 3 - 4 minutes.

Or some kind of flood protection?

rich wrote: It's similar. If you use the flood protection, it prevents you to send messages inside a chosen time period, indifferent which text the message contains.

Seems to be a good idea, but is it possible to turn it off in a DEV or STAGE environment?
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Ratman.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #4 by rich

Can you tell the exact duration the user has to wait until he can post the same message again? Seems to be more than 3 - 4 minutes.

I think it's relative, but it shouldn't take that long time.

Seems to be a good idea, but is it possible to turn it off in a DEV or STAGE environment?

The flood protection is default on off. But I see in your configuration report, you have set 15 secunds.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by rich.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #5 by Ratman

rich wrote:

Can you tell the exact duration the user has to wait until he can post the same message again? Seems to be more than 3 - 4 minutes.

I think it's relative, but it shouldn't take that long time.

When I try to post while the timer has not run off: Will the timer start from the beginning again?

rich wrote:

The flood protection is default on off. But I see in your configuration report, you have set 15 secunds.

Yep, but the 15 Seconds are only the normal duration a user has to wait between two posts. The other duration when a user tries to post the same text again is much longer. It seems to be at least 2 minutes, but i will try to make some more tests to find out the exact duration

More
4 years 2 months ago #6 by rich
It is not common for users to want to post the same content multiple times in a forum. This is more a typical identification of spam users. But when you add a space at the end of the next post, it is not identical anymore.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #7 by Ratman
Thanks again rich. I already thought about something like that B)

I think this thread can be marked as "solved" now.

EDIT: Adding one (or more spaces) to a post does not help to overcome the flood protection. Pressing <Return> does the trick :silly:

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds