Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Forum not showing tabs at top, etc.

More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by lillianfidler
Hi, This is brand new to me, so I hope that you can steer me in the right direction. I've been watching some tutorials on how to set this up - I installed CB first then Kunena and followed all of the instructions. The tutorial said to create a menu called forum as a type 'system menu alias' and then link it to 'forum', When I tried that I got a 500 error, so I just created a menu type Kuena Home page with menu item 'forum' It created a forum for me, it seems... but it also appears that much of the normal things are missing, such as my topics, recent topics, etc. at the top and other information. I'm sure that I've missed something here and if you would be so kind as to offer some assistance, that would be awesome. The link is here: www.3878net.com/index.php/kunena-2018-04-30

Here's the configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_metropolis | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.11 | creationdate: November 1, 2017

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.14 | creationdate: 2018-03-14

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.14 | 2018-03-14 [ Stephen Hawking ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.1.4+build.2018.04.16.12.36.23.f56a647b0 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Please to change the link in the main menu again to a menu item Alias (see image here: docs.kunena.org/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues ). Choose as target "Forum".
Alternative you can delete this menu item (also from the trash), then go to "Kunena -> Tools -> Menu Manager" and let create the menu new. Then public this menu item in the main menu.
If you want to change the default landing page in the forum then see this: docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu

When the 505 error still exists, go in backent to the Kunena configuration (tab General) and enable the debug mode. Then the error message is more exact and should more helpful.

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by lillianfidler
Thank you Rich.

I tried both things but it still doesn't work, I enabled the debug mode and this is now the error:

Fatal Error was detected!
The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

Fatal Error: Method KunenaLayoutTopicList::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Class 'Joomla\CMS\Uri\Uri' not found in components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/pages/topics/default/default.php on line 0

More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
Update your Joomla, it should solves your problem.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by lillianfidler
Yes, that worked!! thank you.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds