Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Post Imput Box resize under Kunena 5

More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by makotosun
I would have posted this in the general questions section but cannot post there for some reason. Probably fits better here anyway.

I am using a slightly modified crypsys template (and tried an unmodified version to verify it was not the new template!) and when making a new post (or reply) the input area defaults to one line. It can be drug down with a mouse to make a full window, but I would like it to auto-size to about 350 pixels for ease of editing for users.

I am using a Warp 7 based template - using WARP version 7.3.30 - the most current. I am using Kunena Version: 5.0.4.1

I will attach what it looks like and what I would like the default to look like, along with my config file at the end of this post. I have had to add custom CSS files for other input forms, but am unclear what I am needing here.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

This is what I get now:

And this is what I would like to see on default:

My config file generated by my site is as follows:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jdirect_kotoba2 | author: Scott Greenwald | version: 1.4.0 | creationdate: July 2015

Kunena default template details : Hodaka_Red | author: Makotosun | version: 5.0.4 | creationdate: 2016-10-28

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.4.1 | 2016-11-26 [ Dhole ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.0.1 | Kunena Login 5.0.1 | Kunena Search 5.0.1

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #2 by Tomzie
Hi Makotosun,

Option 1:
Try adding this code to the custom.css file of your Kunena template:
Code:
textarea#kbbcode-message { resize: vertical; min-height: 200px; }
You can change the 200px to a smaller or higher value to decrease or increase height.
The resize value is something extra : It means that the textarea box can only be resized vertical. Now it can both horizontal and vertical.

Option 2:
Add this code to the custom css of your Joomla template. It should fix the issue in your entire website.
Code:
textarea { height: auto !important; }

Let me know how it goes.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Tomzie. Reason: Added option 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: makotosun

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Tomzie
And this may help to make the height of your subject field match the height of the category field.
Add it to the Kunena template custom.css file.
Code:
.layout#kunena input#subject { height: 29px; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: makotosun

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by makotosun

Tomzie wrote: Hi Makotosun,

Option 1:

Code:
You can change the 200px to a smaller or higher value to decrease or increase height.
The resize value is something extra : It means that the textarea box can only be resized vertical. Now it can both horizontal and vertical.

Option 2:
Add this code to the custom css of your Joomla template. It should fix the issue in your entire website.
Code:
textarea { height: auto !important; }

Let me know how it goes.

Your solutions worked like magic! Thank you so much. I will be following your development of this with great interest. In order to make it REALLY useful to folks, if you are able to modify the files to allow for the dashboard to make the color changes, you will have an amazing product!

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Gary

More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by Tomzie
My pleasure Gary,

Just looking at your site. You might want to change this code in the custom.css:
Code:
#kunena.layout h1 { background: #ed3237; font-size: 24px; line-height: 28px; margin: 0; padding: 10px; color:white; }

Add 2 lines, like this:
Code:
#kunena.layout h1 { background: #ed3237; font-size: 24px; line-height: 28px; margin: 0; padding: 10px; color: white; display: block; box-sizing: border-box; }

It will make the red header block for users and statistics full width. ;)
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by makotosun
Sweet! I just did that and it looks great!

If you have any other suggestions, feel free :) I am really a beginner with this stuff, so it is really fun with a plan comes together. I really dislike the Crypsis template but really like the more mobile friendly features. This little project of yours with my tweaks is just the ticket.

I have another site I am running the older version of Kunena on and have not update it until I get a good template I like! This is getting a lot closer. The other site has about 4,000 members and I don't want to rock the boat too much with them!

Thanks again!

Gary

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #7 by changlee

Tomzie wrote: ...
Option 1:

Code:

That worked great when submitted to /public_html/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/assets/css/custom.css

(working with Helix3)

So many thanks!!!

You may find me at www.blb.gr | Use our FREE SEO Tools at www.rocket-seo.net
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by changlee.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds