Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Error when posting in Kunena Forum @ my site.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1 by Keriko
Hello

I got a question related to Kunena forum at my site. When posting new topics, I get these errors like:

Incorrect key file for table './novanagaming_co/#__kunena_topics.MYI'; try to repair it SQL=INSERT INTO `#__kunena_topics` (`category_id`,`subject`,`icon_id`,`hold`) VALUES ('12','Best healing classes in Legion (Method)','2','4')

or

Duplicate entry '393446' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `#__kunena_topics` (`category_id`,`subject`,`icon_id`,`hold`) VALUES ('18','test','0','4')

I would love to understand what is wrong and be able to fix it, anyone that could lend me a hand :)?

Cheers

Site: www.novanagaming.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
The table name is wrong.
change it to:
Code:
./novanagaming_co/#__kunena_topics'
then it should work.

For the second question:
There is already the id 393446. Best is to remove that one, and try again. But first make backups.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by Keriko
Hi

Could you explain the first part abit more easy friendly for me please, I am still learning :)

As for the second part, for a while ago I had way to many guests, 500-1000+ at the forums. There still are 200-400+ everyday to this day, which I am guessing is bots. Before I installed the "I am not a robot" thingy at the forum to register, those bots were spamming accounts and the forum with a millions posts, I just made sure to delete all those bot accounts manually and deleted all their posts in the forum after I got the "I am not a robot" thingy. Might this be the problem why there is a duplicate of an ID? If so how to fix this :)?

How can I also stop bots camping in my forum, they are terrifying ::P:

I appriciate all the help I can get :)

Cheers
Keriko

More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by Keriko
I can understand if nobody wants to use their energy in helping me in this matter. If there is any posts out there that covers this kinda situations, a link would be appriciated :)

Cheers
Keriko

More
7 years 8 months ago #5 by 810
you have a database issue, you need to remove the item on the _kunena_topics table. it should be the last id. Then do a recount, on the backend - kunena - tools

More
7 years 8 months ago #6 by Keriko
Done :)! It worked, many thanks! Any tips by the way on the ID situation, I posted a test on the forum and it got the ID "393446" at the Database. I am guessing since a while ago the site was getting bot spams and those were posting aaaaaa lot on the forum, which generated a lot of ID's. It's more of an OCD problem of mine rather than a real problem I guess :P

Aswell, they are still swarming at my site, 200-500+ guests online, thats just bots. Some are still being able to register a user at the site it seems, even with the googles "I am not a robot" check at the registration. Any tips how I can improve this and remove those bots from swarming my site everyday and risking getting more registered user by bots?

Cheers
Keriko

More
7 years 8 months ago #7 by xillibit

Keriko wrote: Hello

I got a question related to Kunena forum at my site. When posting new topics, I get these errors like:

Incorrect key file for table './novanagaming_co/#__kunena_topics.MYI'; try to repair it SQL=INSERT INTO `#__kunena_topics` (`category_id`,`subject`,`icon_id`,`hold`) VALUES ('12','Best healing classes in Legion (Method)','2','4')

Hello,

I don't know if you are using dedicated server or shared hosting but do-you have checked if you have still enough disk space ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8 by Keriko
7540 / 15360 MB
It's hosted via one.com

Why is this important right now? Curious :)

Cheers
Keriko

More
7 years 8 months ago #9 by Keriko
I got enough space as far I am aware of :)

I added an attachment, image of the ID section in the database about Topics. Since I have removed the topics that spam bots left behind, it generated high ID number, so as you can see there, I did a test post after the tips I got here about how to fix the SQL error. So it all works fine, but how can I "reset" the ID number to start from 5 instead of 393446 as you can see on the image?

And again, the second question was how can I get better security to stop the swarm of bots crawling at my site everyday. 200-500+ as guests, and thats only bots. I have the "I am not a robot" check box on registration, but still they bypass it :(

Cheers
Keriko

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds