Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Why Kunena 4.x allows utf-8 characters in attachment filenames?

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
I remember that Kunena old versions will automatically rename filenames if there is any non-ASCII character in the attachment filename. But, recently, after I upgraded to Kunena 4.0.3, I noticed that it allows utf-8 characters in the attachment filenames. Why?

How can I configure Kunena to automatically strip non-ASCII characters from the filenames?

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You mean that it was the case with Kunena 3.0.8 ?

There is no setting to change that behaviour, i will check that if i can do something

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
Yes, when I was using Kunena 3.0.8, it will NOT allows non-ASCII characters in filenames of attachments. But after I upgrade to Kunena 4.0.3, and use still the Blue Eagle template (I don't like crypsis template because it has so many bad design), then I noticed that Kunena will keep the original filenames for attachments, without automatically change those non-ASCII characters.

This is very annoying. Because I always use Akeeba Backup to make site backups, but if the filename contains non-ASCII characters, then Akeeba Kickstart can NOT decompress the backup file. That means all backup files are cracked.

Hope you will fix this soon. and hope you will keep this feature for ever: never allow non-ASCII characters in filenames for attachments.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
I have done a fix for it, you can try by applying changes here : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/3355/files

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by baijianpeng
I have uploaded your patch. Hope this will work.

Don't forget to "combine" this feature to Kunena for ever.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #6 by 810
fix has been reverted, isn't working correct for avatar uploads.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by 810.

More
7 years 10 months ago #7 by baijianpeng
Today I noticed that one of the members on my forum uploaded a new attachment, he used Chinese words for the filename, and Kunena v4.0.10 accepted that attachment!

How to COMPLETELY prevent/reject non-ASCII characters in filename of attachment?

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
7 years 10 months ago #8 by ChaosHead
Why thi is a problem for you? Joomla has recently switched to a table format utf8mb4_unicode_ci. This encoding is the world standard, everyone uses it.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9 by baijianpeng
I always use Akeeba Backup to backup my Joomla website. It seems that if a zip file has Chinese (or any other UTF-8 encoded characters) words in the filename, then Akeeba can not unzip/extract the backup package when restoring the website.

So I think we should avoid to use non-ASCII characters in the filename of attachments.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #10 by ChaosHead

So I think we should avoid to use non-ASCII characters in the filename of attachments.

It would be great if there was a choice in Kunena configuration.

What archive engine you use in Akeeba?

I use zip format, I have no problems with Russian and other language file names. But i think it may depend on server settings.

When I connect to FTP via FileZilla, I set Force UTF-8.

And file transfered successfull.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by ChaosHead.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds