Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Upgrade Kunena 2.0.4 to 4

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by irina
hi friends,

I have a Kunena 2.0.4 and Joomla 1.5. I want create new installation Joomla 3 and install Junena 4. Can I move all forums from kunena 2.0.4 to 4? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Upgrade Kunena 2.0.4 to 4
Kunena is not a problem, but you need also the Joomla user database tables. Otherwise you have a forum without the corresponding members. But Joomla 1.5 has a other database structure as Joomla 2.5 or 3.5. Therefore you must migrate your Joomla.
docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.5_to_3.x_Step_by_Step_Migration

1. Create a complete backup
2. Export all Kunena tables from your old installation
3. Copy the folder kunena "root/media/kunena" (he contains avatars and attachments)
4. Migrate youur Joomla installation
3. Export all Joomla user tables from your migrated installation

5. Install Joomla 3.x
6. Create again a backup
7. Import all kunena tables and the Joomla user tables in your new Joomla installation
8. Change the prefixes (the same as in the new installation)
9. Check in backend "Extensions -> Manage -> Database" if everything is correct
10. Install Kunena
11. Joomla 1.5 has another user management as Joomla 2.5 or 3.5, therefore you must determine new the access for all categories manually after the kunena installation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds