Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Mudules Assigned to Forum Menu Item Not Showing

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by webdevtim
I have read several posts about problems getting modules to display when assigned to Kunena Forum menu items, but so far I haven't found the magic combination to get the modules to display.

The Kunena mane item is the only menu item where the modules fail to display.

The only think I can think of is that I have the Kunena Forum menu Access privileges set to a custom viewing Access Level that is connected to a set of user groups that are the only user groups allowed to use the forum. the module is question has it's Access privileges set to "Public." I thought that since the Public access level is more inclusive than the than the restricted custom access level I created for this group of user groups that there wouldn't be a problem. Do I need to duplicate the module in questions and then set it's Access level to the same as the forum menu item?

I chose Home Page as the Kunena menu item type and the Default Menu Item is the top level place holder menu. the menu hierarchy goes TAP -> Forum, where TAP is just a Joomla System "Text Separator" menu item. I do this so that all activity on the menus happens on the drop-downs and the top level menu items are just place holders.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ae911truth | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.11 | creationdate: 2016-06-05

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.11 | 2016-06-05 [ Barcelona ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: Add Configuration Report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by webdevtim
I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work to no avail.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by 810

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by webdevtim
Thanks you. Will create an additional module and then add this to that URL.

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by webdevtim
Yes I would have to define left and right column modules positions in I guess /components/com_kunena/template/911tap/html/common/default.php

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds