Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena install fail v 4.0.7 on joomla 3.4.5

More
8 years 6 days ago #21 by noetic1
Hi I don't know where else to ask this, but I cannot work out how to add a new topic anywhere, and on most of them I can't even reply.

I have 2 issues, ISSUE 1 - I have the BBC editor loading one, and I am reading up on that issue within the forums, and there are links to wiki pages in that forum topic, but the links all only resolve to a "Page not found". ISSUE 2 - I have configured Polls correctly, including turning them on in categories but they just don't show. Even when I go to the how to use the forums and there is a link on how to do a configuration report, the link fails. How can I get anywhere given this immensely circular process??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #22 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Loading BBcode editor...

noetic1 wrote: Hi I don't know where else to ask this ...

There are a few places you can ask for help. If you want the answers to your questions quickly then you may have to pay for expert assistance. If, however, you are willing to wait for someone to try to answer your questions, this forum is as good as any other place.

The problem with asking your question in a topic with the subject "Kunena install fail v 4.0.7 on joomla 3.4.5" is that this topic started 4 months ago and your questions do not seem (to me) to relate to a problem with installation. Just to confirm, are you using K 4.0.7 on J! 3.4.5? Both J! 3.4.5 and K 4.0.7 are out of date and superseded by newer versions.

noetic1 wrote: I have 2 issues, ISSUE 1 - I have the BBC editor loading one ...

I assume you mean the problem that people have asked about before (e.g. Loading BBcode editor... ). Would that be right?

noetic1 wrote: ... and there are links to wiki pages ...

The developers deleted the Wiki and removed all the old documentation from this site.
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #23 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic How to make a poll

noetic1 wrote: I have configured Polls correctly, including turning them on in categories but they just don't show.

This question was asked (but not answered) a couple of days ago. See How to create a poll from front?

There is no documentation about how to make polls in K 4.0 at the moment. Sorry.

noetic1 wrote: ... there is a link on how to do a configuration report, the link fails ...

This this link: How to post your configuration report
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 6 days ago #24 by noetic1
Replied by noetic1 on topic How to make a poll
Thanks, Mr Wombat. I did state when I replied to my own old topic that I did not have any way to post anywhere else, no "new topic" tab and no reply buttons. Below is my config report. How do I even request paid assistance?

Cheers, Ms Platypus.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : pressmag-v3-4 | author: Joostrap | version: 3.4 | creationdate: 22 October 2014

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.10 | creationdate: 2016-02-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.10 | 2016-02-18 [ Villavicencio ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 4.1_RC_1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: None

More
8 years 6 days ago #25 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic How to make a poll

noetic1 wrote: Thanks, Mr Wombat. I did state when I replied to my own old topic that I did not have any way to post anywhere else, no "new topic" tab and no reply buttons.

You said you have several problems:

1) You cannot create new topics (and there are no Reply buttons);
2) you see "Loading BBcode editor..." when you try to post a message;
3) you cannot create polls;
4) you cannot find any documentation; and
5) you say that you are getting the "runaround".

I can probably help you by working directly with you, one on one.

One suggestion that I would like to make is that you uninstall the plugins JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3; these plugins do not work with K 4.0.

The second suggestion that I would make is to set your Kunena configuration settings back to their original values:

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #26 by noetic1
Replied by noetic1 on topic How to make a poll
Thank you for the reply.

My issue with not having "new topic" or being able to reply is within THIS forum, not my site's one.

I cannot find the plugin's you refer to as needing uninstalling via the backend. Should I look for them with cPanel?

I cannot follow your screenshot for restoring default values as I can find nothing that looks similar on my version of Kunena.

Also, I did do a search of this forum for information, and of course read "Before you post your question, read this first", a well written post by yourself. However are you aware that none of the linked documents work ?

The attachment shows my screen when logged into the kunena forums. Note neither of the links shown in this screenshot of your post currently work.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by noetic1.

More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #27 by sozzled

noetic1 wrote: Also, I did do a search of this forum for information, and of course read "Before you post your question, read this first", a well written post by yourself. However are you aware that none of the linked documents work?

Yes I am aware. The topic , shown in your screenshot, is a very old—nearly 3½ years old. I cannot be held accountable if links in old topics do not work; that's something you will have to ask the site owners and forum moderators to explain.

noetic1 wrote: My issue with not having "new topic" or being able to reply is within THIS forum, not my site's one ... the attachment shows my screen when logged into the kunena forums.

You cannot reply to locked topics.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 1 day ago #28 by xillibit
Hello,

The documentation to start with Kunena can be found here : www.kunena.org/docs/en/setup/configurations

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 9 months ago #29 by noetic1
Can anyone explain to me why I cannot create new topics in this forum? Sozzled says I have to ask moderators why links in old posts do not work but that was to do with documentation links, but that IS NOT my issue. My issue is that I just never have a new topic tab. How can I ever make a post to say that I cannot make a post !!! Also this is NOT me attempting to reply to locked topics, I do happen to know that only admins and moderators can do that.

Can we get over the old topic business? This is the ONLY way I can communicate on this forum. If I cannot soon post new topics for some help with Kunena I will have no alternative other than to go to phpbb or similar.

More
7 years 9 months ago #30 by 810
we have disabled the new topic menu item, to limit the spam.

So you need to go to the category, then click new topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: noetic1

Time to create page: 1.096 seconds