Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Changing colors of the links in blue eagle

More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by kaiba
Hi, thanks to your great template manager options, I was able to mostly get the exact look I wanted. I only have a couple of elements that are not right.

The links are still blue and when you hover them, they turn red. I don't think that's an option in the template manager. I tryed the option blend with joomla template which gave me some pretty good results but not quite what I was looking for. Can you please tell me how to modify this, I don't know css but if I know the line of code I can change it.

Also, in a future version, could you include the links colors in your template manager? it would complete this great feature of yours that is template manager.

Thank you so much for your help,

Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
The general answer to the general question about "how to change colours" is to read the FAQs page (see How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

I understand that, for people who are not familiar with broswer-based web design tools (e.g. Firebug for Firefox) it may not be easy but, because there are more than 5,000 lines of CSS code included in Kunena, it is also not possible to give a detailed explanation of what every line of code means.

If you read the article Firebug in the Wiki, you will see that most CSS elements can be quickly identified with one or two mouse-clicks.

kaiba wrote: The links are still blue and when you hover them, they turn red. I don't think that's an option in the template manager.

You are correct. There is no "option" to change these link colours in the Blue Eagle template. You need to write own CSS code, something like
Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active { color: #xxxxxx !important; } #Kunena a:hover { color: #yyyyyy !important; }

(Replace xxxxxx and yyyyyy with your own colours)

Note: Add this custom CSS to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. Never change the original Kunena CSS files.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaiba

More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by kaiba
Hi,

thank you for the great answer, I will make sure to test this out first thing tomorrow and I will report back.

More
9 years 3 months ago #4 by kaiba
Thank you so much, this worked flawlessly the first time. I cannot thank you enough and hope this will help other people as well.

Have a great 2015!!

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds