Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved A "simplified" Kunena

More
9 years 6 months ago #11 by bumpeboy
Replied by bumpeboy on topic A "simplified" Kunena

Josh wrote: It was a little tricky considering Kunena does not provide classes for any of those fields. By using a pseudo class I was able to select the proper field (tables didn't play nice with me either). Anyways remove the following from your CSS file:

Code:
/* Hides the Profile Information Tab */ #kprofile-edit dt:nth-child(2) { display: none; }

Then insert the following into the CSS file to hide most of the fields and keep some:
Code:
/* Hides most social fields but keeps signature and location */ .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow2:nth-child(3) { display: block !important; } .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow1:last-child { display: block !important; } .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow1, .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow2 { display: none; }

Regarding the email issue, might I suggest checking out Authentication - EMail

As for issues 1 and 5: So you want Kunena completely hidden from guests? I'm a little confused by what you mean on #5 regarding "that menu".

That one worked fine although it reactivated the signature field instead of the personal text field, just noticed i had renamed personal text to city. For that matter i can leave the signature but can you please code for the personal text to show as well then from end it will show the current city. please Thanks

Many Thanks Josh

Josh wrote: Regarding the email issue, might I suggest checking out Authentication - EMail

That will help thanks.

Josh wrote: As for issues 1 and 5: So you want Kunena completely hidden from guests? I'm a little confused by what you mean on #5 regarding "that menu".

Yes i would like to hide kunena completely from guests but when i deny permission to guest and i happen to set a kunena menu as the default page. Visitors were getting an error. So i though i can give visitors access to kunena, set menu of a thread as default and then deny guest access to that thread. That way it was working fine but was showing that message.
What i was trying to archive is to have a site for registered members only but the landing page is a kunena topic.

But number 5 is no longer a priority.

Many Thanks Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds