Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Installation fail due to "copy failed"

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by photokev
Hi everyone,
I've installed Kunena many times in the past with no issues and this one has me stumped.

Here's the scenario:
Attempted installing by URL, uploading installer and from my temp directory, all with the same results, an error saying the following:

Warning

Copy failed.

JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /var/www/vhosts/blueplanetps.com/astropartsoutlet.com/tmp/install_553881a99f677/pkg_kunena.xml to /var/www/vhosts/blueplanetps.com/astropartsoutlet.com/administrator/manifests/packages/pkg_kunena.xml

Package Install: Could not copy setup file.
Error

Error installing package

Here's the tech setup
The "manifest" directory is set to 755

System Information
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux plesk2.websitesource.com 2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 01:55:02 UTC 2014 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.73
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.4.16
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ] 21-March-2015 20:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0

I've tried installing various versions of V3.X of Kunena

The component name shows up in the component menu but when you click on it the progress bar only goes about a milimeter and you get an instillation fail alert

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by photokev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
It could be a problem with the rights. The following folders need to have write permissions:

/administrator/components
/components
/libraries
/tmp
/logs
/media
/plugins
/plugins/system
/plugins/quickicon

You can check it in the backend "System > Sysem Information > (tab) Directory Permissions".
The following user(s) said Thank You: photokev

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by photokev
Is there a way to manually install it?

More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by photokev
I'll check those permissions. If it were permissions, would it make sense that I can install other components but not Kunena though?

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by photokev
Hi Rich,
I took a look at the permissions and they're all writable.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds