Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 3.0.6 + J! 3.3.6: "Installation failed"

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1 by zevious
Hi there,

From a fresh install of the latest version of Joomla, Kunena will not install. It installs some of the components (or all of them) and then it just says "Installation failed". Kunena shows up in the admin menu but clicking through to it gives me a similar screen where it just says "Installation failed". There's no error messages even with error reporting set to full and nothing shows up in the PHP error logs. Basically I'm not sure what the issue is. I think I found other posts in this forum detailing people having similar issues but no actual answers or solutions that seemed to apply.

Anyone have any ideas or know when this will be fixed? I want to use Kunena but there hasn't been an official update/release since July and Joomla recommends people upgrade to the latest version of Joomla (3.3.6) for security reasons and other things, which has been out for a few months now.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Enable Joomla debug mode and try the installation again. Joomla debug mode may give you more information about why the installation failed. Please post here any other information you may find when you enable Joomla debug mode and after trying the installation again.

zevious wrote: ... Joomla recommends people upgrade to the latest version of Joomla (3.3.6) for security reasons and other things, which has been out for a few months now.

Joomla has had problems since J! 3.3.4—J! 3.3.5 and J! 3.3.6 have not fixed those problems. Even though Joomla "recommends" using J! 3.3.6, it may be better to use J! 3.3.3.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3 by zevious
Debug mode does nothing - it's useless on AJAX anyway which is what I think the installer is using. There's absolutely no messages anywhere I can find showing any sort of error at all.

I'm not sure what's broken about Joomla, but it seems like a workaround from Kunena could have been put out in the past few months. Every other component I use installs fine so it's something specific to the way Kunena does things.

More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by 810
you can try 3 installations :

1) download the package on the download page, then install kunena on the joomla installer.

2) copy the download link, and paste it on install from url. (joomla installer)

3) install it true the web installer.

More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by zevious
I've tried all of those installation methods and keep ending up in the same location as my original post. This is on a fresh, out of the box, Joomla install.

More
9 years 5 months ago #6 by 810

More
9 years 5 months ago #7 by zevious
Checked that, and both the Kunena system plugin and the quickicon plugin are enabled after the initial install. The Joomla installer seems to be doing what it's supposed to do, actually. It's when Kunena tries to finish the install with its own installation handler that it never gets past that step. Perhaps it's an AJAX issue of some kind in the Kunena installer?

BTW:
/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install&task=run&i2bbmjao

Is the file it's trying to run after the Joomla install finishes, and I don't know if that's the issue or what but it's the last file I see in the inspector. (the token after the ampersand changes after each reload). I'm not getting any Javascript errors or any errors at all showing in the Chrome inspector.

Should be pretty easy to replicate, as well, just download Joomla 3.3.6 and try to install Kunena on it.

More
9 years 5 months ago #8 by 810
can you try this;

administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install

regards 810

More
9 years 5 months ago #9 by zevious
Yes, that does the same installation failed thing as everything else. The Kunena part of the installer isn't completing on Joomla 3.3.6.

More
9 years 5 months ago #10 by 810
is it a local site, or can you give me admin access to check some things

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds