Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena 3.0.6 update fails - Update path does not exist

More
9 years 8 months ago #11 by xillibit

lbrown wrote: I was having the same issue. Direct install from the url worked for me. I'm also having trouble trying to install 3.1 beta on this same server. No luck so far.

For now 3.1 is still under developpement and doesn't exists in beta package, 3.1 is intented for testers and developpers

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #12 by lbrown
Yes I'm aware. I'm currently developing a site and wanted to test it out. I'm familiar with the system and was interested in contributing. I got it from the github.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #13 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: For now 3.1 is still under developpement and doesn't exists in beta package, 3.1 is intented for testers and developpers

This is correct (and it is a different issue to the one that others are discussing here).

It is necessary to build an installation package before you can install K 3.1. It is possible to download and copy the files you can find on GitHub but, to assemble K 3.1 in its entirety, you need to construct an installation package. There is no installation package for K 3.1 at GitHub. Only the files that are needed to build an installation kit are available at GitHub. Furthermore, there is no support for K 3.1 at this time while K 3.1 is still in alpha testing. Beta versions of software are also not supported - no-one (no software developer, that is) offers full support for beta versions of software.

For people who are having problems installing K 3.0.6, we strongly recommend that people use either the "automatic upgrade" (if you already have an older version of Kunena on your J! 3.x site) or you should use the "install by URL method" described in K 3.0 Installation Guide in the Wiki. Both the "automatic upgrade" and "install from URL method" have been thoroughly tested and work in the majority of cases. I have upgraded K 3.0.6 on about 5 websites (using both methods) and I have not had any problems.

People can have problems installing or upgrading to K 3.0.6 for several reasons. Most of the problems that people have in trying to install or upgrade to K 3.0.6 are network or server-related issues and that is why it's important to read the release notes , technical requirements and the installation or upgrade guides beforehand. Sometimes, it's simply a case of repeating the installation/upgrade process a second time to complete the installation. Sometimes you need to check if your Joomla installation is "different", "non-standard" or does not meet the technical needs.

There's no general one-size-fits-all solution. Each case can be different.

I hope this helps. :)
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #14 by clippy3
Same issue for me: Cannot auto update, have following error message:

Warning
Error connecting to the server: 902

so am presuming issue is not Kunena but the joomla extension server?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by clippy3.

More
9 years 8 months ago #15 by lbrown
It must be something with the extension server. As soon as I installed from the url it worked fine. I tried about 6 times through the updater, with no luck. Try using the url mentioned earlier in the thread.

More
9 years 8 months ago #16 by zydanielson
Same problem, I think. The Extension Manager informs me that this update exists:

Kunena Forum | Update | Package 3.0.6 | N/A | Site update.kunena.org/3.0/pkg_kunena.xml

When I check the box and say Update, I get the following:

Warning
Error connecting to the server: 902

Error
Package download failed: joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/19...3.0.6_2014-07-28.zip

And one further question. People in this thread talk about installing from the URL. Does this mean I install Kunena as if I didn't have the extension and without uninstalling the Kunena I presently have? If so, I want someone's assurance that I won't lose anything in my forum. Far too much work has gone into it's creation, and far too much participation is there for me to start over.

My configuration report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : AS 002052 | author: AS Designing | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

"Life changes when you love what you love
more than you hate what you hate."

~ Elisha

More
9 years 8 months ago #17 by Matias
I can confirm that there have been issues in joomlacode servers, which is unfortunate for everyone who has tried to upgrade Kunena. For some reason manual installation by URL or upload seems to work just fine, so if you are having issues with the automated upgrade, you can do a manual installation and get the same result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oddy94

More
9 years 8 months ago #18 by Matias
@lbrown:

If you want to try the latest github build, look into scripts/ as there are tools to symbolically link Kunena to your site. But that said, you really should only use that for testing, not for live sites!

Before using the git-link.sh or Windows version of it, you should have older version Kunena installed in your site. After linking you should also go to Kunena Torum > Tools > Git Install to update the database.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zydanielson

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #19 by zydanielson
@Matias:

Thank you. But I would still like confirmation about what installing from URL means, and:

1. Do I uninstall Kunena before installing it again? If so, wouldn't that lose all I have configured and all the posting activity that is there?

2. If uninstalling/reinstalling won't lose anything, I just want reassurance that it won't.

3. Or, do I just install from URL without uninstalling what I presently have (3.0.5)?

I apologize for my nervousness. I have just never done what is being suggested here before. And there is a huge amount of work that I've done in configuration and that users have done in posting. I can't afford to lose that.

I'll do an Akeeba backup before, in any case. But I'd also rather not have to go through the restoration process. I just want to avoid doing something wrong and then having to spend a lot of time correcting it.

Thanks in advance,
Zy

"Life changes when you love what you love
more than you hate what you hate."

~ Elisha
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by zydanielson.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #20 by coder4life
Hello zydanielson,

I will answer your questions one by one like you have so others can benefit. Let me know if you have any other questions. WARNING!: First and foremost, although we try our best to make sure installations are error free or the software can recover, we always recommend to BACKUP before doing any sort of installation. It is also important to note Installations Errors are usually related to Joomla and not Kunena as we utilize Joomla based installation procedures behind the scenes.
  1. You do not need to uninstall Kunena again, try to rerun the installer not from the Joomla Extension Update Manager and instead use the package here at kunena.org/download/ and upload it to the Joomla Extension Manager directly.
  2. Uninstalling instead of Reinstalling should not loose anything. We do not remove the database tables that are specific to Kunena or any user files upon Uninstalling Kunena (this is actually a problem for those that want to go clean slate on Kunena as they have remove the tables from database and and user folders manually). We did this on purpose because as you just witnessed Joomla does some weird stuff sometimes and sometimes we just need to reinstall the packages to make sure everything comes in cleanly.
  3. You can choose to use the two Joomla options in the backend, upload directly the downloaded package from our download page or right click and copy the download.

I fully understand the nervousness, we all been there at some point. The thing to take away from this is Reinstalling over the current package, or Uninstalling Kunena will not remove any data.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by coder4life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zydanielson

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds