Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Forum index shows all categories collapsed by default on helix ultimate framewor

More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by [email protected]
Hello, I've been using kunena for a while now without any major problems on a joomla helix 3 site, I have now switched template to helix 4 using the bog standard helix ultimate blank template. The forum does work much better in general but I'm left with one issue and that is that when visiting the forum index the categories are now all shown as collapsed by default (unlike how it was before where they were expanded, exactly the same as your forum). I'm using the samurai kunena template but even if i switch to your standard template or any other template they are still collapsed so I'm thinking it's either an issue with helix ultimate framework or a setting on kunena config but I can't find anything about it in there.

Can anyone help with this problem please?

Thanks Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by [email protected]
Any help with this would be much appreciated, I'm still trying to find a way to have the categories expanded by default on the index page.

More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by rich
This can be caused by many things. Maybe a css or Script of your template, which override the Kunena command. Have you a link to your Forum?

More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by [email protected]
Thanks for your reply rich, this forum is for a professional dominatrix client and it's subject matter might not be for general consumption...

More
5 years 5 months ago #5 by rich
If you use the confidential tags for this link (padlock symbol in the editor), only you and we moderators can see it.

More
5 years 5 months ago #6 by [email protected]
ok thanks, the url is:
This message contains confidential information

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #7 by rich
Your Joomla Helix template use Bootstrap 4, but your Kunena template is written for Bootstrap 2. Try in the Kunena template setting the option "Load bootstrap css = Yes".
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 5 months ago #8 by [email protected]
Thanks for taking a look rich, this is a shame because I think other than the collapsing category issue the forum is much better on helix 4, I tried switching bootstrap css on but it just destroys the forum and doesn't resolve the collapsing issue, I suppose I should use a bootstrap 4 kunena template, are there bootstrap 4 templates available for kununa?

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #9 by rich
I'm sorry, but I don't know a Kunena bootstrap 4 template. I've visited your page again and maybe found a workaround for you. I found a way to open the sections per default, but you can't to collapse the sections afterwards. Maybe there are better solutions, because I'm not 100% sure if the codes are correct but it works.
Please try this codes in your custom.less . The first code opens the sections, and if you want, the second code makes hidden the toggle symbols beside the sections.

Code:
.section.collapse:not(.show) { display: block; } .kheader .btn-default { display: none; }

If it with the custom.less not work, then try this codes in your Joomla template custom.css

Code:
#kunena.layout .section.collapse:not(.show) { display: block; } #kunena.layout .kheader .btn-default { display: none; }
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxim Pishnyak

More
5 years 5 months ago #10 by [email protected]
Thanks for that rich you've been very helpful. The first code in the kunena custom.less didn't work but the second in templates custom css does work, this is perfect and I think the forum is much better without those collapse buttons being there at all. It doesn't work for the members and and statistics areas at the bottom, do you know how to apply the same fix to them?

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds