Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Can't merge poll topics

More
9 years 4 months ago #11 by Kotsolis
2,5 days have passed.
Iam waiting for a reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled
I am sorry that the split function made a mess of your topic. I am sorry that you have not been able to solve this problem yourself.

The problem can be solved if you go into the Joomla database tables and change the raw data. This is not easy to do if you have not done it before.

Here are a couple of things you might like to reply to:

1) You created a few topics, people replied back to you, but you have not said if their replies helped you:

When people reply to your topics, and you do not reply back to let them know if you have had your questions answered, it makes it very difficult to know how to help you.

2) You have never provided your configuration report. Perhaps you do not know how to provide your configuration report? Without your configuration report it can also make it difficult to answer your questions.

I'm sorry that one of your topics is messed up because of a simple mistake that you made when you split it and now you cannot merge it back again. If this problem is serious enough then there are ways it can be fixed. I don't know what else to say.

I think it would be a good idea to look at the topics you created and let's see if we can work out which topics can now be closed.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #13 by Kotsolis
The fact that I have opened so many topics it doesn't mean that I don't look at them.
I have very limited time to spend! I also deal with bugs from JomSocial and JReviews. Every Joomla component/module has bugs and having 32.000 registered users means that I face all of the bugs every day due to the emails I get. So in order to get replies in all of my questions be patient.

I do not know how to change "raw data" and I might damage my database.
So I ask 2 questions for this topic:

A)Is it possible for you to allow us splitting a topic with an option on which topic to keep the poll? The topic should be only ONE. There is no meaning on having 2 same polls in 2 different topics?

B)Why Iam not able to delete a poll in a topic? This is a very obvious bug that should be fixed first thing!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #14 by sozzled
For the benefit of other people who are looking at this topic and who are wondering what the answer is to "Why are there so 'few' drop-down menu optins when I try to merge one topic with another one", we started here:

Kotsolis wrote: My "Chat" forum has 867 topics ...

I might want to use any from these 867 topics and ... there should be a system where I could click "merge topic" and a screen of the subforum would appear, where all topics would have the option "Merge here". That's one of the very basic moderation tools which exist in every forum component.

I understand the point you made and we tried to address that point in #2 and #3 earlier.

Kotsolis wrote: Also THERE IS bug here because when I click the "Moderate" button in the 1st post of the Poll topic, there is NO option "Split this and all the 5 replies" as it should! What Kunena does is that it splits the 1st post of the topic, creates 2 polls and then I can't merge those topics!!!

I sympathise with you that the merge feature is not as well designed as you would, perhaps, have hoped for but it usually works. However, you are quite right that there is a potential problem when you split a topic that has a poll (splitting the first message—the one that "holds" the poll data) and the result is that two topics are created, both of which have polls, and you cannot merge them back again. Yes, that's going to cause a problem.

I understand what you did and I'm sorry that it caused a problem for you. I am not the person who designed the polling feature and so I do not know why the split/merge function (when polls are involved) doesn't work the way that it should work. As I mentioned earlier in this topic, it is possible—speaking from experience—to fix the problem by changing the raw data.

Kotsolis wrote: Why I am not able to delete a poll in a topic? This is a very obvious bug that should be fixed first thing!

I agree with you. This is a very important thing that you should be able to do. It is unfortunate that the answer given earlier ( #9 ) did not work for you. Again, as I have written a couple of times in this topic, it is possible to fix the problem by changing the raw data in one of the database tables.

Kotsolis wrote: Is it possible for you to allow us splitting a topic with an option on which topic to keep the poll? The topic should be only ONE. There is no meaning on having 2 same polls in 2 different topics?

Again, I agree with you: there is no purpose in having the same poll in two different subjects. I sympathise with you that there is a defect in merging/splitting topics that involve polls. I don't know what plans the developers may have to address this issue, sorry.

Kotsolis wrote: The fact that I have opened so many topics it doesn't mean that I don't look at them. I have very limited time to spend! I also deal with bugs from JomSocial and JReviews. Every Joomla component/module has bugs and having 32.000 registered users means that I face all of the bugs every day due to the emails I get. So in order to get replies in all of my questions be patient.

I understand what you're saying. I also hope that you understand that I volunteer my time here at this forum—I am not paid by anyone to offer my help or the benefit of my experience and knowledge. While I respect your views I also hope that you understand the difficulties that we volunteers also have in trying to please everyone.

But, even though I offer my advice here in a voluntary capacity, I also run a professional consultancy service as well. Other people who contribute to this forum are also in similar positions. All of us have limitations on the amount of time we can spare to help others, too.

It is unfortunate that a simple mistake that you made, involving a topic that had a poll, is causing you such distress. I am genuinely sympathetic to your problem. What would you like me—am unpaid, volunteer, who did not design Kunena—to do for you?

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #15 by rich

Kotsolis wrote:
Also THERE IS bug here because when I click the "Moderate" button in the 1st post of the Poll topic, there is NO option "Split this and all the 5 replies" as it should! What Kunena does is that it splits the 1st post of the topic, creates 2 polls and then I can't merge those topics!!!

there is NO option "Split this and all the 5 replies"

I've tested it and can't confirm this problem.

"Split this and all the 5 replies"

Why you use the split function if you want merge the complete topic? "First message and all xx messages posted after it" is the complete topic. Use the Moderate Topic button.

What Kunena does is that it splits the 1st post of the topic, creates 2 polls and then I can't merge those topics!!!

I've this also tested, you have found a bug.
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2660

Why I am not able to delete a poll in a topic? This is a very obvious bug that should be fixed first thing!

You must reset votes first before you can edit/remove the poll.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by rich. Reason: Typo removed

More
9 years 4 months ago #16 by Kotsolis

rich wrote: I've tested it and can't confirm this problem.

If you can't confirm the problem then I invite you to send me a PM here so that I can send you my password and check it in Gameworld.gr .

What Kunena does is that it splits the 1st post of the topic, creates 2 polls and then I can't merge those topics!!!

I've this also tested, you have found a bug.
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2660

Ok, are you going to fix it in the next version?

You must reset votes first before you can edit/remove the poll.

Once again, there is NO POLL ICON when I try to remove the poll options!

So how am I supposed to remove them?
Look at the image:
oi62.tinypic.com/vy4lxy.jpg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #17 by sozzled

Kotsolis wrote: I invite you to send me a PM here so that I can send you my password and check it in Gameworld.gr.

For over 2 years there has been no PM facility here at this website.

I do not know if the defect , reported by rich, will be fixed or not.

Did you read my reply to you in msg #14 above?

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #18 by Kotsolis
I've read your reply. It doesn't solve my problem though! It seems that you can't understand anything of what Iam saying.

I can't edit raw data. I have very basic knowledge, not that deep! As does the majority of users in here as well, so obviously you have to provide a fix in 3.0.7. If I knew that I can fix it through raw data and I could fix it, I wouldn't ask for your help!

1) Current problem:
I CAN'T remove the polls.
Look at the image:
oi62.tinypic.com/vy4lxy.jpg

I except a reply for this!

2)When topics split the poll should remain ONLY in the original topic!

3)When topics with 2 polls merge there should be merged. Users should be able to keep only 1 of 2 polls.

I except a reply for all 3 points. I would pay for these 3 plus the most important A Priority for me " New topics should be marked as Unread for ever so that we don't lose unread topics " .

I would even donate for those!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #19 by sozzled
Question 1:

Kotsolis wrote: 1) Current problem: I CAN'T remove the polls.

I understand the problem. I could probably fix this for you because I know a few things about how to edit database tables.

Question 2:

Kotsolis wrote: 2)When topics split the poll should remain ONLY in the original topic!

I agree with you! I cannot tell you if, when or how this problem might be fixed in a later version of Kunena.

Question 3:

Kotsolis wrote: 3)When topics with 2 polls merge there should be merged. Users should be able to keep only 1 of 2 polls.

I have already said before (in message #6 of this topic):

You cannot merge topics that have polls in them. A topic can only have one poll; you cannot run two polls in a single topic. I think this explains why you cannot merge those two topics.

I don't think this is a bug. I think it's just not possible in the current design of Kunena.

The short answer to your "question 3" is that I do not know if, when or how this issue might be "fixed" in a later version of Kunena.

More
9 years 4 months ago #20 by rich

When topics split the poll should remain ONLY in the original topic!

As I already mentioned, this is a bug!

I CAN'T remove the polls.

Is the same bug. You can only remove the poll in the first original message. But you must reset votes first.
Warning! If you reset the poll if you have divided a topic. This removed the poll also in the second topic!

I except a reply for all 3 points. I would pay for these 3 plus the most important A Priority for me "New topics should be marked as Unread for ever so that we don't lose unread topics" .

Currently, is the amount of time 1 week (I think). But only if they are not logged in. If they log on and not read, these marking are lost at the next login. It has been fixed for K3.1. However, this fix is unfortunately not backwards compatible.

Also THERE IS bug here because when I click the "Moderate" button in the 1st post of the Poll topic, there is NO option "Split this and all the 5 replies" as it should!

On one, from seven test pages I could to produce the error. This error can occur under certain conditions. But I have still not found why it is so. It seems it is a trouble in the table *_kunena_ topics.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds