Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Poll options: Restrictive character limit

More
9 years 6 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
1)Give me just one reason why there is character limit in every aspect of Kunena!

I had to increase topic titles, topic titles in latest topics and many more. Now I have to even increase the titles in Polls. Why?

And how can I do that?

I use Kunena 3.0.6. with Joomla 2.5.14 and latest JomSocial version.

2)After putting a poll with 43 options using alphabetical order, about 10 options where shuffled! Why? What is the reason for this?
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by Kotsolis

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by 810
I think its a template css conflict. can you add a url

More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Have you fixed the problem or are you still waiting for a solution? It might help if you looked at the information printed at the top of this page where it is stated:

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by Kotsolis
Of course I haven't found a solution.
I use Kunena 3.0.6. with Joomla 2.5.14 and latest JomSocial version.

I want to increase the poll character limit to 199 characters. I can't find any reason for having limits anywhere.

More
9 years 5 months ago #6 by 810
components\com_kunena\template\blue_eagle\html\topic\edit_editor.php line 97 change maxlength

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled

Kotsolis wrote: I use Kunena 3.0.6. with Joomla 2.5.14 and latest JomSocial version.

The current version of Joomla 2.5—at the time of writing—is J! 2.5.27; it might be a good idea to update your site to this version or migrate to J! 3.3. J! 2.5 support will cease at the end of this year.

I do not know what is the "latest" version of JomSocial that you are using on your website. It might help to watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 . At the time of writing, the latest version of Jomsocial available to the public is version 3.2.1.5. Is this the version you have installed on your website?

We have suggested several times that it might help if you posted your configuration report. Of course, you do not have to post your configuration report if you do not want to but, by the same token, it could take a very long time to help solve your problems without it.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #8 by Kotsolis
SOS: NEED IMMEDIATE ASSIST!
I have 2 serious issues! Iam about to launch 2 polls in my forum. It's one of the biggest online contests, where users vote and then choose a gift. So I have very serious issues with both of those 2 polls that i want to open!

Those polls will have 43 poll options each! When I opened the first topic with the poll, I wanted the options to be alphabetically. Instead, I saw that some of the poll options were shuffled.

2nd thing is that the limit is still there in some options! Look at the video in 720p and full screen.:

First I show that the poll options are not alphabetically. In the 2nd part of the video I show that some of the poll options are cut!

I need an immediate assistance on this! There is no way that this is related to Joomla version. It's entirely a Kunena issue!

The contest starts in 1/12 and over 1.000 users participate each year so I need to find a solution immediatelly!

810 wrote: components\com_kunena\template\blue_eagle\html\topic\edit_editor.php line 97 change maxlength

maxlength="100" size="40" . It should not be cut!

Configuration report
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-08-2014' at line 1 SQL=SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM jos_kunena_messages29-08-2014

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check:

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 72000 seconds | Max execution memory: 2048M | Max file upload: 1024M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : whiteboard | author: Opensource | version: 2.6 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.2.1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
9 years 4 months ago #9 by 810
1) if you want alphabetic then you need to enter it alphabetic. In what order you enter, is not a kunena issue.

2) change the maxlength="100" to maxlength="300" or something. And check the width, with inspector or firebug, looks like the css is loaded from your joomla template, so you need to fix that.

Also update joomla, you are using a very old version.

More
9 years 4 months ago #10 by Kotsolis

810 wrote: 1) if you want alphabetic then you need to enter it alphabetic. In what order you enter, is not a kunena issue.

2) change the maxlength="100" to maxlength="300" or something. And check the width, with inspector or firebug, looks like the css is loaded from your joomla template, so you need to fix that.

Also update joomla, you are using a very old version.

The maxlength=300 didn't fix the issue.

Also the alphabetical order changes even if I add one field! Have you tested your poll with 50 options all alphabetically?

I don't think that it's a Joomla issue version. It's just a Kunena issue. You can login and check.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds