Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to move my Kunena forum without losing the content?

More
9 years 10 months ago #1 by petko8680
Hi all, I have a joomla 1.5 website, which I want to migrate to joomla 3.x. The problem is that I am not familiar with migrating, so will basically delete the web-site and install joomla 3.x and re-do everything again as it's not a big site. Only problem is that I want to keep all the content and user's data of my kunena forum and transfer it to the new website. Anyone having an idea how to do that? thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
This question has been asked many times here.

There are a few points you need to keep in mind.

1) There is not automatic, easy (one-button) tool to copy your Kunena forum from one site to another. Even though no tool exists that will copy a forum from one site to another, if you are familiar with how Joomla and Kunena work together, it is not too difficult to move a forum from one site to another site.

2) Kunena consists of three parts:
  • the user database tables
  • the database tables that hold the sections, categories, topics, messages, polls, subscriptions, etc.; and
  • attachments

3) Moving a forum from J! 1.5 to J! 3.x requires changing the user database changes. This must be done before you can move the Kunena database tables.

4) Because J! 1.5 does not know anything about ACLs, after you have moved your forum to your new J! 3.x site you need to apply ACLs to all your Kunena sections and categories otherwise you and your users will not be able to post messages.

============

If this sounds like hard work it's not. It's not hard work. It is time-consuming work. On average, it takes about 3-5 hours to migrate a forum from J! 1.5 to J! 3.x and, depending on large your forum is, it can take a few hours after that to test that everything works.

If you are prepared to do this work yourself then you can probably do the job in a day. If you would rather someone else did this job for you, there are plenty of people who can perform this service for you for a reasonable price.

============

For further information about this topic, please see How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another .

If you have any questions, please use that topic to ask them.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds