Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by MikeFromHC
This forum opens with "Index" selected when it opens.
Mine opens to "Recent Topics"

I can't find anyplace to change this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jthrongard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Mike, and welcome to the forum.

This is one of those frequently asked questions (it's a good idea to look at the FAQs tab on the menu near the top of this page for these things) and it's easily resolved by looking at How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by MikeFromHC

sozzled wrote: G'day, Mike, and welcome to the forum.

This is one of those frequently asked questions (it's a good idea to look at the FAQs tab on the menu near the top of this page for these things) and it's easily resolved by looking at How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

I read that and have spent some time trying to do it.
I have looked through users and general to see if there is a place to indicate which tab is selected at start up and found nothing.
The menu itself shows, and has always shown "Index" as the first item. I have set the order to both "Index" and "First" (Joomla 3.0)
The ordering is set to ascending and all other menus follow this order.
Nothing I have done has changed the fact that "Recent Topics" is selected when I open the page as any user with any access levels.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by 810
Go to your Joomla backend.

If you are using J! 3.x:

Menus » Kunena Menu » Forum » Details » Default Menu Item = Index

If you are using J! 2.5:

Menus » Kunena Menu » Forum » Required Settings » Default Menu Item = [ kunenamenu ] Index

*********************************************************************************************

(Off-topic for K 3.0 but included for completeness for K 2.0 users) If you are using J! 1.5:

Menus » Kunena Menu » Forum » Parameters (basic) » Default Menu Item = [ Kunena Menu - Top ] Index

*********************************************************************************************

regards 810
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Add information for different flavours of Joomla
The following user(s) said Thank You: hllyyc

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: checksum, Vasyekv

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
We assume, after a couple of weeks without a response, that this question has now been resolved. :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by hopemanjohn
Replied by hopemanjohn on topic Opening Page
Hi,

At present when someone clicks on Forum to open it, the opening page is "Forum> Recent Topic". How do I reset this to open on "Forum> Index".
The following user(s) said Thank You: amol9188

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Opening Page
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, hopemanjohn, and thank you for your question.

Please watch the video tutorial posted in msg #5 above for the answer. :)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #9 by rickk
Replied by rickk on topic managing navigation
Hi folks,
Well here I am again. Maybe someday I will be in a position to answer questions but right now... not so much.

So here;s the latest. When a guest chooses to go to the forum they land on the Recent Topics page. I would prefer it was the index page but I do not know how that path is set.

If that isn't in the cards, how would I add additional text the the login area on the recent topics page?

Crude but reasonably accurate illustration attached.

Thanks

Rick
Attachments:

More
10 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Opening Page
*** Topics merged ***

Please watch the video tutorial posted in msg #5 above for the answer. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rickk, amol9188

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds