Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Users are unable to change or upload avatar images (Gravatar plugin is enabled)

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #11 by gonza28
Replied by gonza28 on topic Problem change avatar
Thank you for your responses. I have generated the report and this is the code.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : joomla1 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 3.0.1

neither has happened that I can not access the front end of the site. I'm a programmer in java (android newbie), but little or nothing joomla. yesterday not play anything and suddenly I can not access the site. I left consultations joomla forums but no answers.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by gonza28.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12 by dfgrbac
Just a quick note since I had this same problem. This might help some others.

I am using Kunena with JomSocial. After trying to get the Kunena avatar to work for several hours, I noticed that the Kunena - JomSocial Integration plugin was not enabled. This fixed the problem for me.

I was under the impression that setting the configuration in both was enough. I didn't realize that plugin needed enabled separately.

More
10 years 5 months ago #13 by rickk
Replied by rickk on topic Avatar Gravatar
Hi Folks,
Finally got Kuenea installed (2.5 no category option for 2.5 so perhaps I am in the wrong place))and I am looking to allow association of an avatar with a registered user. I have upload set to yes and allow visibility to yes. I would assume that somewhere in the profile edit mode a user would be allowed to upload an image. Clearly my assumption is wrong and I am missing something somewhere. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Rick

Configuration report :

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : js_wright | author: Joomlashack | version: 3.1.2 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]

Modules: None

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #14 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Avatar Gravatar
*** Topics merged ***

rickk wrote: Finally got Kuenea installed (2.5 no category option for 2.5 so perhaps I am in the wrong place) ...

The categories in this forum are based around versions of Kunena - as opposed to versions of Joomla - and, because K 3.0 operates on J 2.5 as well as J! 3.1, you have posted your question in the right place (except that I have merged your question here because it is similar to other questions we have received on this subject).

rickk wrote: ... I am looking to allow association of an avatar with a registered user. I have upload set to yes ... [but] clearly ... I am missing something somewhere. Could someone point me in the right direction?

The answer is actually contained in the subject that you chose for your topic. If you choose to use Gravatar avatar images then you impose, on your users, the restriction that the only way they can change their avatar image on your forum is to go to the Gravatar site and update their avatar image there. If you want your users to use images that are not Gravatar images, disable the Kunena - Gravatar plugin.

It's a one-thing-or-another choice; you can't have both.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #15 by rickk
Thanks Sozzled... I too had enabled the gravatar plugin. :blush:

More
10 years 5 months ago #16 by rickk
Replied by rickk on topic Avatar Gravatar
yep, you nailed it. The subject was an expression of my confusion. I didn't know the difference between Avatar & Gravatar and the search terms I used to find an answer were obviously wrong as well. In any event your explanation was clear and helpful.
Thanks!

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #17 by koryo
Kunena Dear moderators, I have problems: kunena profile and also in avatar.
I uploaded community builder and if there avatar but registration activation fails.
So I've decided to eliminate community builder and leave again if kunena avatar.

I hit the problems I listed in report configuration if I could support this problem ..
I have dizzy for two weeks.

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 25M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : traction | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.2.1.1586

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Translate topic to English; reveal config report; move topic to General questions category

More
10 years 4 months ago #18 by Mortti
At first you shuold look your | Kunena integration settings: You are setted that AUP, CB and Kunena Avatars is use... select one... disable AUP and CB avatars if you want use Kunena avatars in Kunena?

More
10 years 4 months ago #19 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #20 by on4bam
Hi,

After using Kunena for a long time in Joomla 1.7 to 2.5 without any trouble. Preparing for the migration for Joomla 3.x I installed the 2.5 production site on my local PC via kickstart/akeeba backup thus having a perfect working copy of the site including all extensions.
After upgrading Joomla to 3.2.3 I saw no problems with Kunena 3.0.5. Now that the updated site is transferred back to the server I notice that Avatars are no longer shown in the forum and when editing the profile I no longer see the option "Avatar Image"

User Account Profile Information [strike]Avatar Image[/strike] Forum Settings

As far as I can see (comparing with the old settings) all settings are correct, but there is obviously a problem somewhere.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Maurice

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ON6WL_2014 | author: Ken Andries | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Remove spoiler tags surrounding config. report

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds